“Supprised”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Branford, Connecticut
“Supprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

2011 stayed in a Super 8 that was disgusting. (heavy mold, smelly, next to train tracks, wife stuck in elevator, worn carpets) Surprised myself that I even stopped at another Super 8 after that experience. At this one I found the clerk to be very pleasant and had no problem letting me see the room first. It was clean and odor free. Price was very reasonable. Breakfast was no prize but considering the room price I didn't expect anything.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We really appreciate it. So glad you gave us a chance, and hopefully we restored your faith in Super 8. It was a pleasure to serve you & we hope to see you again soon! Thanks, again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Last Super 8 I stayed at 2011 - was a disgrace (mold-next to train tracks- stuck in elevator) Not sure why we even stopped at a Super 8. Asked to see room first, clerk very accommodating. Room price was very good and clean so we stayed. No regrets! Breakfast not impressive but didn't expect anything but coffee at that room price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dumfries
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I checked into this hotel and was told that my reservations were cancelled. At which point they proceeded to charge me again for the remainder of my stay. When I pointed out the fact that I had already paid through “Bookings.com” I was told that that was cancelled and I would not be charged. When I returned home I contacted “Bookings. Com” and explained the story I was told that the refund would come the hotel and that they would call. I received a call back informing me that I would only receive a rebate for one day. So I ended up paying double the price for the room. I have learned my lesson. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bob P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Sir, we at Super 8 do apologize for any and all of the inconviences you've endured. We are truly sorry for that. This Dumfries Super 8 however, is not associated with booking.com as of yet, so i struggle to find any info whatsoever. We do not book, therefore we cannot cancel, any reservations thru booking.com. We hope that your next stay is a pleasant one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Days Inn Dumfries Quantico
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico

Been to Super 8 Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!