Tim's Rivershore Restaurant and Crabhouse
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Crappy overpriced food, terrible music, expensive beer. At least the view is nice. Oh, and the service sucks.

2  Thank Jeff L
There are newer reviews for Tim's Rivershore Restaurant and Crabhouse

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to Tim's River Shore for Fathers's Day. You just can't beat the atmosphere on a spring/summer day in Northern Virginia. The restaurant is right on the potomac river, lots of outdoor deck space. If you want to enjoy a couple beers and watch the boats cruise up the river, this is the place! The food on this trip though was probably a 2 out of 5. I had the fried platter and my wife had fish tacos. Very greasy, and had that taste that fried food gets when you've used the same oil for way too long. The fries were excellent though, and my daughter claims it was the best lemonade she'd had in a long time. It could be that the restaurant was just slammed that day, but I don't think we'll be going back for awhile.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Seriously terrible. Waited 1.5 hours to sit and another 1.5 hrs for undercooked food. The place was a wreck and the hostesses was rude and unhappy.

1  Thank ladybugmomm
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I was on the ultimate quest for some great fried scallops and googled seafood restaurants in Woodbridge and Tim's was on the list. First and foremost, heed the websites advice about the uselessness of your GPS when finding this place. I got lost big time and when I finally decided to forgo my 'manliness' and ask for directions at a gas station, one of Tim's part time employees (who also works at the gas station) offered to show me the way. I followed him to Cherry Hill Road and then I was on my own. My first thought was that I was glad I was going for an early dinner before the sun went down; there's no way I would go after dark and take my life into my own hands as the drunks try to manuver their way on a dark, winding, unmarked, two lane road. Parking is a trip; a staff member directed me to the 'other side of the railroad tracks' to park (and soon thereafter, Amtrak's Southern Crescent made a roaring, rumbling scheduled appearance). At the host stand, I was told it would be 30-40 minute wait for outside seating. No problem, as there are plenty of places to wait, either on the pier or on the mini-beach. However, just about the time I had decided to change my request to inside (I was starving), I was told my table was ready and I was lead to a neat 2-top adjacent to the 'beach' dining area. I had the crab balls appetizer which was very good, almost like miniature crab cakes and then settled into some of the best fried scallops I've had in a long time; side dishes were the requisite french fries and cole slaw. I also had two pina coladas which would definitely have benefited by adding rum (they were very, very weak). However, the service was very good probably due to the fact it was only my server's second week there so she was still fresh and not yet jaded! The real draw to this restaurant is definitely it's waterfront/ shore setting and beach like vibe....and I didn't have to drive 4 hours on Route 50 east to experience the shore!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Tim's is a little slice of the Florida Keys right here on the Potomac. It may be a little overpriced, and the service might be a bit dodgy (this was NOT our experience - our waitress was lovely), but you're not there for the food as much as you are for the beachy atmosphere and the cocktails. I enjoyed the hush puppies and the fried crab ball appetizers. I had the fried Rockfish with coleslaw. My first piece of Rockfish was a bit chewy, but fresh nonetheless, and the second piece was quite good. The coleslaw was light and tasty.

I was laughing at another reviewer's comment that this is a dangerous place to eat - it really is, but that's part of its charm. You follow a road down to a dodgy "parking lot," which is really just a slim (very slim) row of cars parked nearly on the train tracks, where CRX and Amtrak trains hurtle through fairly regularly at about 60-80 mph. It's loud, a little bit dusty, and maybe a little bit seedy - but the experience is pretty priceless in an area where every restaurant has a "theme" and is in a planned community. Tim's is a refreshing change of pace, and a lot of fun. Come here with a sense of humor and a laid back attitude and you'll definitely enjoy yourself.