“Great location, newer construction, great stay”

Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Not exactly convenient to DC if you're coming to do sightseeing, but if you've got business in the Dumfries Quantico Triangle Woodbridge area, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Appears to be newer construction, very clean, This isn't your grandfather's Holiday Inn, for sure. The staff was extremely friendly. I booked on a discount pre-pay web site, but still got a spacious room with the usual bath amenities. The property is right next to I-95, but far enough away you don't get the vehicle noise. There are plenty of shopping, dining, grocery options nearby - which I took advantage of to stock a few snacks in my in-room refrigerator, some of which I heated in my in-room microwave. Great stay - would be glad to say again next time in the area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I don't think any particular room location has much/any advantage over any other location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in May. There was plenty of parking and the hotel staff was super nice. The guy even printed out backroad directions for me to get to the wedding to avoid traffic. The room was clean and nice and so were the hallways, elevators, etc. I even used the small exercise room which was also clean. They had a tv in there with cable which was nice. There is a subway, natural cafe, Ihop, nail salon, and a couple of other place right across the street, literally 20 steps away. All in all, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed there just for 1 night after visiting Washington DC.The area around is nice- you can see the forest from you window. Just across the road there is an Ihop Restaurant. The room was very big and very clean. The whole staying was very pleasant. BUT they did made an additional hold of money - we were told this money will be on our card in a week but 3 weeks has already passed!and nothing happened! I hate when hotels do this!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina K
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Accidently booked pre-paid for 15 days...($1700+) - no refund, no discussion, no resolution, no respect. Beware, it was hidden under "Best Available Tab."
I would rate the stay, but I never did...still paid the money though.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank donna d
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear donna d,

Thank you for your review. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel and your comments are important to us.

If rooms are available for your travel date, we will always offer the option of booking either restrictive (with cancellation/prepayment requirements) or non-restrictive (can be changed and cancelled without penalty) rates. This will allow you more flexibility in making your specific travel arrangements. So, if you are certain about your travel plans, the restricted rate will be a consideration, whereas if your travel plans are less definite the unrestricted rate may better meet your needs. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead offer reservation options that make sense.

We always appreciate comments from our guests, and we will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

Kind regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I booked a 2-night stay at this hotel for family members coming in from out of town. I used the pre-paid rate. Unfortunately, my relatives were in a car accident on the way down and could only stay one night so they could return back home. Despite explaining the situation to both the hotel (franchise) and Holiday Inn Corporate, I was not offered a credit for the second night - not even a partial credit. Not even a few thousand priority club points. Extremely disappointing.

I've been a loyal Holiday Inn customer for over 20 years, for both work and pleasure, but no more. Not only did this experience reflect poorly on the franchise, it reflected poorly on the Holiday Inn brand as well. I will never stay in a Holiday Inn hotel ever again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Dan W,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the restricted rate. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Of the four hotels in the immediate area, we chose the Holiday Inn based on reviews by other travelers. This was a great choice! The hotel is convenient, clean, quiet, and close to where we were going to visist with family living in Dumfries. We got a great price by booking at the "Non-refundable" rate and got a great deal for our money. Loved that there was a full service restaurant and bar right on the premises - neither was very big, but the menu was varied and Lisa, our excellent bartender, made us our favorite cocktail every evening! And the rest of the hotel staff was equally friendly and helpful too...

The only disappointment was that the pool was outdoors, not inside, and there was no hot tub. Also, because there is a fulls ervice restaurant, this hotel did not offer any kind of complimentary or discounted breakfast. But everything else was excellent and we will definitely stay there again next time we are "out East"!

Room Tip: We saved about $200 by booking our room at the "Non-refundable" rate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I have business in Northern Virginia or Quantico. The front desk staff and bar and restaurant staff are amazing, friendly, and hard working. They continuously ensure your needs are taken care of and recognize familiar faces that frequent this location a lot. Those details in customer service make staying here worth it! Rooms are always clean and turned over quickly and if you need an extra coffee or forgotten item-they always go out of their way to try and provide it.

The base in close by and easy to get to in about 10 minutes time! If travelling to northern Virginia, you can easily jump on the train from the base to Alexandria and then Metro the rest of the way without fighting traffic.

The menu is pretty full service for breakfast and dinner and the staff works hard to provide nightly specials and drinks to suit your needs. Food is very good!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Red Roof Inn Dumfries - Quantico

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!