Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
US$78
US$76
US$82
US$125
All reviewsfront deskeasy drivecontemporary furniturejob well donerestaurants and shoppingthese ladieshousekeeping staffvery pleasant stayroom was clean and comfortablefitness roomcracker barrelpetralobbyihopreunionmarineprogram
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The WWII Sixth Marine Division Association voted a year ago to hold their next annual reunion close to the Quantico Marine Base so they could visit the Base. My wife, Sharon Woodhouse is treasurer for the association and worked with Petra Carr at the Holiday Inn Quantico who put together a very good 4 day package for our Marine 2013 Reunion. Did I mention these Vets range between 88 to 95 years old? Yes, they do really good getting around considering their ages.

Petra was excellent in her efforts to support our Veterans and assuring their needs were meant. The hotels staff was excellent and very friendly.

Debee and Rafael did an excellent job at the front desk, assuring the veterans room needs were taken care of day and night.

Another excellent job was that by Lisa, Crystal and Jen who assisted the Vets daily in the dining room and bar area's. Tables were moved to fit Veteran needs and assistance getting up and down in seating.

Another excellent effort was that of Pedro and Louis who put up all our reunion signs and setup our tables for all our daily events.

All in all, our Sixth Marine Division 2013 Reunion was a very, big success! It was so successful that it was voted on to have the 2014 Reunion help at the "Holiday Inn Quantico" again next year, 2014.

Well, that was a lot to say but good because the Hotel did a excellent job with reservations, rooms, meals, daily Vet visiting cessions and evening meeting events. Staff was quick to respond to request and maintained a friendly attitude.

The 2013 Sixth Marine Division Reunion was a big success and we are looking forward to returning in 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Florida. Very conveniently located to I-95. The rooms were clean and the staff was extremely nice and friendly. We arrived around 10 PM on a Saturday night and the bar and restaurant were closed and the entire area seemed to roll up the sidewalk early (except for an IHOP next door). The front desk manager tried to help us locate a place to eat dinner but there was nothing open close by at that time, I did appreciate her concern and attentiveness though! She offered us snacks available from the front desk!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Best Holiday Inn ever. However, I will say it would have been nice to have had a whirlpool to relax in. Rafael is an excellent associate. Very accommodating and he gave excellent advice on where to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Not exactly convenient to DC if you're coming to do sightseeing, but if you've got business in the Dumfries Quantico Triangle Woodbridge area, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Appears to be newer construction, very clean, This isn't your grandfather's Holiday Inn, for sure. The staff was extremely friendly. I booked on a discount pre-pay web site, but still got a spacious room with the usual bath amenities. The property is right next to I-95, but far enough away you don't get the vehicle noise. There are plenty of shopping, dining, grocery options nearby - which I took advantage of to stock a few snacks in my in-room refrigerator, some of which I heated in my in-room microwave. Great stay - would be glad to say again next time in the area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I don't think any particular room location has much/any advantage over any other location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in May. There was plenty of parking and the hotel staff was super nice. The guy even printed out backroad directions for me to get to the wedding to avoid traffic. The room was clean and nice and so were the hallways, elevators, etc. I even used the small exercise room which was also clean. They had a tv in there with cable which was nice. There is a subway, natural cafe, Ihop, nail salon, and a couple of other place right across the street, literally 20 steps away. All in all, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple