“This Holiday Inn is a shining star”

Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and I find it to always be exceptional. I had to change my reservations a few times with the winter storms and the hotel manager Mindy Mason made all the difference and was really helpful and supportive. It is because of people like her that Holiday Inn continues to be a name I watch for.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank WiltonManorsGuy

Reviewed 23 November 2010

i can't belive what this hotel did at my stay. Frist of all the staff were not so friendly after, i belive the manager is mendy. she was kindly rude saying that the speed intrenet is what it is. i think she had a bad day but she did not have to take on the guest. the food was great sepecially the pentagon burger...yummy!! but the bar area was messy, the bartender was texting taking breaks to smoke and talk all the smell went in with her not cleaning her hands. after all this is a hotel and not my house my room was great and cozzy the bed was clean and room service was fast. thank you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Josphe
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Stayed two nights for some corporate meetings in the area and had a great stay.
Friendly staff nice little restaurant with great food. The place was packed so it seems the
small bar and restaurant does a good bit of business. We had meeting there so we were able to have some of the banquet food which was tastey and adequate. Would definitely stay again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2010

If my company was paying for this hotel I would not stay here. The walls are paper thin, I can hear everything from televisions to conversations to other stuff.

The internet is so slow it's almost useless. When I went down to the front desk to ask what the name of the network was they couldn't answer me, gave me some runaround about calling some "company". Went into the "business center"... computer not working.

The lamp in my room flickers whenever the room next door turns something on.

Would've had breakfast here but there was not wait service after fifteen minutes of sitting there.

Not enough parking.

Friendly people, clean and newer hotel but bottom line: If you don't have to stay here for some reason go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We held our High School reunion here. The staff was friendly, the catering was delicious, and we had a fantastic time. I would recommend it for a night , a week, or a social function like a meeting, reception , or reunion.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 30 July 2010

elevator broke 1st night; washer-dryer not in service; staff very friendly and as helpful as could be; do not go for the breakfast; work out room only had 4 pieces of equipment - no towels; even though they had an 11pm close time for pool guests were there playing loud music until well after midnight.

would not stay again unless no other option

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

After a 9 1/2 hour car trip, you really need some gentle handling at your final destination! I could not say enough about the staff at this hotel. I called ahead and spoke with Debbie at the front desk to ask if I could have early check in. Debbie advised that she would speak with the maintenance staff when they arrived to see if she could get my room cleaned in time for my arrival. Debbie called me while I was on the road to advise that all had been taken care of...she was just as lovely in person. The manager Mendy was equally as nice and treats everyone as if they were an extended part of her family. I noticed that she always tells her guests to please call her if they need anything at all. Turns out I did need something and Mendy delivered!! The hotel is very clean and so comfortable to be in. it is not home but a great home away from home:-)

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Red Roof Inn Dumfries - Quantico
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Ramada Triangle/Quantico

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!