“Probably will not go back”

Montclair Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just ordered a takeout Greek salad. Got home it was a salad of mostly lettuce. I called the store to tell them they forgot to put cucumbers in my salad as described on the menu. The young man just said sorry and hung up the phone on me. Don't plan to visit again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a casual, family-type mom & pop diner with Greek specialties thrown in. The food was good, the service was quick, and the whole experience was just what we were looking for -- a reasonably priced place to eat a quick meal after checking into the hotel. I had a gyro and it was delicious...it's a little light on the tzatziki, so be sure to ask for extra. I wanted some of the baklava (it looked delicious) but I didn't see it until I was on my way out and I was too full by then anyway. Next time I'll save room for it.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nice selection; good specials daily; convenient just off I-95 at route 234 west.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We always order the gyro here, and they are always good. We also like the zaziki sauce ( a Greek yogurt sauce), ask for extra to go along with your gyro.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stopped here one afternoon, on my way through town. The parking lot was empty, as expected at 3pm on a Monday. Inside I was greeted by an unassuming quiet interior, Typical of a family owned, Greek inspired resteraunt. I was seated at a corner table, which was comfortable enough.
I ordered the chop steak, (around $10) which came with two sides. I went with the classics, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. The portions were more than enough to fill a large appatite. Everything was satisfactory. Well worth the Cost.
I had a dessert of key lime pie, which surprised me with real whipped cream. The server was unsure, but I would guess this was made in house. I will certainly be back, the relaxed atmosphere is fantastic, especially For a single diner, with no place to be in a hurry.