“Great!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here for Mother's Day brunch. Great food...little pricey. Everything was very good, gourmet food in a neat little out of the way spot. My mom has bad knees and could not be seated upstairs which is where they made our reservations. The greeter had a little attitude about that.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

After moving to the Christiansburg, VA area from Atlanta my wife and I miss the many fantastic restaurants that Atlanta offers, this quaint re-purposed country hardware store restaurant offers the field to table foods that my wife and I love and can stand toe to toe with any of the fine dining establishments in Atlanta. We have been there many times and it has always been a great dining experience. They have also recently added a Swiss trained chocolatier that is the perfect ending to the evening.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We enjoyed our meal here so much we came back the next day. We are from Toronto and have wonderful restaurants there and enjoy great food. The Palisades service and food was so great I wish we had a transporter!

1  Thank D-Gellatly
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The winding drive to the little 'hamlet' of Eggleston is part of the charm of eating in this former hardware store. As each dish is brought out to the patrons, you snatch a glimpse at it, knowing it was cooked by a master chef, raising the anticipation for your own plate. We've never been disappointed with our meals there. The ambiance, with higher food quality and presentation allow for a slightly pricier menu. If you are in a hurry, go somewhere else. "Laid back" defines their style. I'm anxious to eat there again.

1  Thank MtnGalAlways
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The food is excellent, the service is excellent, the atmosphere is excellent. This is a place that you have to visit. I can't say enough good things about the Palisades.

1  Thank gilestraveler15