“Nice Place to Eat in the Area”
Review of ray's diner - CLOSED

ray's diner
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a little family run local diner with decent food at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

There aren't dozens of places to eat in the area, especially casual diner-ish places where you can sit down and have a nice non fast-food meal. This place does just that. Good Food, Good Service and Good Prices.

2  Thank Andrew V

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were just visiting and found Rays by chance. We (4 of us) sat down to friendly service and great food...all for under $25.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

It was about 2:30 in the afternoon and we both ordered the spaghetti special. I commented on the fact that Italian food is better later in the day and my wife said dry and tasteless. I said pretty much the way I like it. Turns out the special was more than late in the day. One of the wait staff let it be known it was was yesterday's special. Clearly I liked this better than my wife did.

Our side dishes were potato salad and coleslaw. Both were drenched in mayonnaise. My wife said the potato salad was a especially good. Again we differed in opinion. My wife ordered garlic bread. My regular bread tasted just like her garlic bread (no garlic). We mentioned it to the waitress whose comment was after checking with you cook "I don't know what to say."

Overall pretty much average. Maybe we can blame the late hour.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ray's Diner was once by the train tracks. At the time it was located there my husband & I had never been. Within the last 2 years they relocated to a larger building next door to Mc'Donald's. For our first visit it was my husband, myself, & 2 of our 3 children (ages 2 & 4) in our dining party. We went for breakfast on a weekday. It was very busy, however we were seated immediately. Very friendly & efficient staff. Waitress went above and beyond to keep our children happy. She brought crayons & some pages from a Carebear coloring book to keep them busy. Food was brought out timely considering how busy they were. Price was reasonable. Food quality was good. It was unique. A waffle house selection meets mom n pops better end quality. We were pleased with the taste & temps of the food. Price was fair. Not a rush kinda place. More like a read the paper talk with the locals kinda place. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Service was just okay. Ordered simple ham and cheese omelet, toast and coffee. Food arrived in timely manner, omelet under cooked, potatoes half burnt, toast was good. And for this I was charged 9 plus dollars. Won't be back there again.

2  Thank ithelegend