“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Emporia, VA, United States
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and well managed. We've stayed in this location two times and have no problems to relate. Two restaurants are also on site for lunch and supper - our favorite is Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel was in a good location for us traveling. Nice location for food in walking distance to 2 places. That was great, we were done with driving for the day. It was clean in the rooms. The staff that we encountered were nice. We didn't use the pool, we were too tired so I can't comment on it. I personally didn't go down for breakfast but 2 people in our group did. Those 2 people didn't like the breakfast at the hotel. The milk was warm, they were out of waffle mix were the 2 things they said so I didn't go down. We stopped elsewhere for breakfast on the go.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Deptford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stopped for one night on the way to Florida from NJ. The check-in went very smooth and we were very happy with the room, especially the wifi. The breakfast the next day was outstanding too. We would stay at this Country Inn again during our next trip to Florida

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Okay Country Inn & Suites, I must say I would have given this property a 3 if it had not been for their agent at the front desk (Kekee) and the new GM. Keyke was absolutely wonderful and she introduced me to the new General Manager (Shonda . I was very pleased when I met her she went out of her way too to make me feel comfortable and was also very helpful. I saw her helping out in every area I could think of. That's the way a GM should be, lead by example. The hot tub was not working and speaking to other guests who have been there several times it is always out every year. They may just want to shut it down if they can't fix it.There were a few minor things that I noticed but it will take time. I also let the GM know about it and she was very interested in what I was saying. Since I travel on the road a lot, breakfast is my main concern. The selection was great but the one breakfast lady was very non chalant, other staff members more than made up for it..My room was clean and the man at night very friendly people person, Antwan. Will come again in a few months to see if any changes were made. General manager and front desk staff are a must visit.

Room Tip: you have to drive in between the cracker barrel and gas station entrance to get the hotel otherwise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I a had a very nice stay at Country Inn Suites the one person that made my stay so nice her name is Miss KEKEE she is very patient with people i check in late and she was so nice to me and my husband I Will never forget her she deserves to be the manager. She has a good personailty and a business mind . I will visit again and will refer other people and will tell them to ask for Miss KEKEE THANK YOU SO MUCH MISS KEKEE Gloria ,Ronald Gelin

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

On a road trip from NJ to SC during memorial weekend traffic was unbearable so we stopped in Emporia Va and pulled into the first hotel which was the Country Inn & Suites.
When we checked in we were told no kind bed rms left, the parking lot was pretty crowded. I was shocked considering the area.
We settled for 2 Queen beds however the beds were at best full size.
Since we were tired it was fine.
Mainly it was clean and the AC worked great!
Attached to hotel is an Applebee's which you receive 10% off if you show your key card.
Also next to hotel is a Cracker Barrel.
Across the street is a gas station, McDonald's, Burger King, Hardee's, a food store and a pharmacy.
Everything you could want or need for a pit stop.
Overall great hotel for a few nights
The indoor pool was filled with kids having a good time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJSnow917
Rotterdam, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel has several restaurants close by so you can walk to them and leave the car at the hotel. The room was clean and good size. The staff was friendly and they have a good size parking lot. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesa O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
BEST WESTERN Emporia
BEST WESTERN Emporia
#6 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia? Share your experiences!