“For $40 - good place to sleep.”

Red Carpet Inn Emporia
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We weren't looking for anything fancy, just a place to sleep when we arrived at 11pm until we got back on the road again the next morning for a trip from MD to FL. In this price range, I don't know what people expect, but some comments are so out of whack - you get what you pay for and with the price of most hotels, this place was perfect for a quick night's stay, a hot shower, and a cup of coffee before hitting the road. If you're brining kids on a family vacation and need amenities, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Rangers33

Reviewed 24 October 2012

After driving several hours and being it was 11:00 p.m. we had to stop for the night. Thinking that this would be a good place and we were extremely tired by this time we stopped here at the Red Carpet Inn. Well being the person I am I done a quick overlook of the room upon entering, but mind you we were so exhausted we just really needed a place to crash so to speak. So come morning after getting a bit of sleep we noticed just how FILTHY THIS PLACE REALLY WAS!!!! OMG if our housekeeping staff (yes we have a lodging business as well) done work like this they would be fired! It's obvious they don't care! So I have to agree with these others, DON'T GO THERE!!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T GO HERE!!!!!!!! Try and hold out and go a few more miles up the road and get something cle...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Deb M
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and i were visiting from out of town and all the other hotels were full so we went to This is the nastiest smelliest unfriendly place to spend stay The smell of the room was so bad that i could not breath, the bathtub was dirty and the covers on the bed had not been changed and we all were itching from something . I informed the clerk and she did not care to hear what i had to say so i told her what to do with her hotel key and how far to shove it

Room Tip: Keep driving pass this place
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Rhodabaltimore
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This place was by far the worst I have stayed at. Would have left for sure, if my car had not broken down at exit 8 and barely made it into the parking lot. Sheets were filthy, the pillowcases were dirty w/ makeup and smeared w/ random nasty... Hole in the wall in the shower (which of course we did not use) and the whole place stunk to holy heck. I could not sleep for fear of bugs and worried about what I might catch in the dirty sheets.... Worst was that I had a small child with us. When I called the front desk to ask for clean pillowcases, I was told they had none???? Then I called back to say we were leaving (a bluff since we were broken down, or id already have left...) and I was told no refund since I had spent "so much time in the room" (LESS then 5 minutes!!!) Then finally front desk called back saying, ohhh yeah we do have some clean pillow cases!?!?! My daughter and I both got sick after staying here.... Can't say for sure but maybe a sick person had slept in the clearly unwashed bed...... WOuld NEVER go back, travelers beware!
PS almost forgot to mention, our door did not shut right, and there was a razor blade outside our door on the ground? And lots of LOUD rowdy people all night////

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie T
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a 1960"s era property with 75 or so rooms. Although it may me a litttle dated it is exceptionally clean and appealling. My charge was $35 for the night and everthing was exceptional -- from the freindly staff in the office to the maids. For an older property, I don't know how they keep it so clean! Located just off of exit 8 in VA, I would recc ommend this Mothel to all travelers! Kudos for a job well done!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank billyb320
Reviewed 27 May 2011

On Sunday-Thursday, property is VERY quiet! Ask for the high $20/low $30 rate--also find internet coupon. Clean, non-smoking rooms with a just-right bed mattress, good flowing hot shower water, though room doors outside are faded and need repainting; parking lot needs improved restriping/pavement maintenance. Yet, certainly much cleaner room, better beds than heavily advertised, lower-priced Reste Motel just north of Emporia; more cable channels than Knights Inn (I counted 60+ channnels at Red Carpet). Stayed two quiet days/nights--total bill was around $70. A safe place to stop off I-95/U.S. 301 when doing interstate or leisure traveling. Truck stop, limited-hours Convenience store across street--but they are not noisy from the motel. Another convenience store 1 mile n. on 301 into town sells lower priced gasoline; another mile further n. on 301 into old downtown Emporia, new, colorful Piggly Wiggly on side street to left near traffic light.

Room Tip: Ask for hi $20/lo $30 rate--use internet coupon
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Stevewonder1
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Driving from CT to Myrtle Beach we stopped here at around 3am. For the $40, we couldnt beat it, but I knew something was up when the guy in the office, who we paid through a bank teller window, was sketched out about US because we were from CT but had a rent a car with MA plates on it. The room, oh boy! I felt like we were on COPS, no actually I don't think I ever seen such a dirty place even on COPS. Dead cockroaches, damp musty, gross. We slept for about 3 hours on top of the sheets. We were so tense/freaked out/on edge that part what though the night, my fiancee woke up and asked me something and I jumped up and screamed as if a bug were crawling on my face and I was about to be murdered. All in all a gross creepy place to stay, but I will never forget it and will tell the story for for years to come. I don't think anyone will ever read this review before going here because, as it was for us, this place is just a last resort for people looking to get out for the cheapest rate possible and catch a couple hours of sleep. Thankfully it wasn't the summer, so it wasn't too hot and gross, but it sure was damp and musty. I honestly couldn' even dream this place up in a nightmare it was so bad. Spend the extra 12 dollars(literally) and go to the Sleep Inn down the road.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple