“FILTHY !!! FILTHY, The place has more than one type of bug species living on the beds”

Red Carpet Inn Emporia
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
ma
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This place is the creamiest crop of crap when it comes to hotels.
Are you spontanious? Do you want to experience the true outdoors while being inside behind closed doors?
Well by all means this might be the place for you !!!
The creepy crawlers and multiple flies infesting the rooms are just the first of many adventures you will find here at red carpet inn. ITs a true hellish experience.
The bugs crawling down your walls, the baby roaches crawling on your pillows, and the flithy bathrooms will also add to the true outdoor feeling you will have while in Eporia Virginias Red Carpet Inn. Its located Exit 8 off rt 1-95 & us 301south,,
Ask for Yogi Patel, he is the manager of this dump and screwed us out of our money.

Well here is my story of this filthy place.
We were on oour way back home from vacationing in florida and found this place around 8 pm. We pulled into the front enterance and walked into the main lobby. That should have been the clear sign to high tail it out of there.. One woman was indian, all we could smell was curry powder and strange odors..I had to use the bathroom , so she told me it was in the back, i walked in the back, and seen a multitude of children in a room off the back hall, it was as if a family was living in a one room place.. In any event we were tired and rented 2 rooms, one for my inlaws and one for me,wife and kid.
We then proceded to go straight across the street to get something to eat, was very good food i may add, After an hour we go back to our room to check them out and unpack for the night. WHAT A DISASTER !!!!..
The different species of bugs that infested our rooms was something out of a nature magazine. Flies, dragon flies, spiders, roaches and other unknowns infested the place. BABY ROACHES crawling on the pillows, and under the bed sheets !!!!!!!
The inside of the fridge was disgusting, almost as if it had mold growing inside. The bathroom tub was all dirty as if someone had used it and left it with pubik hair, and the drain was all rusty.
The bathroom door did not close with out pushing really hard and chipped paint all over.
The tile work on the floor in the bathroom was just slapped into place..
The smell that came from the room was an experience i have rarely encountered before,, it not only came from the dirty carpets, but also from the dirty USED bed sheets and unclean dirty pillows. The pillows looked as if they had just been slept on and wrinkled . We had to argue for over an hour to get some of our money back.
They are THIEFS looking for a free ride. RENTER BEWARE !!! Inspect any hotel rooms before staying there.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank stugots00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sunapee NH
Reviewed 3 April 2009

If you are look for smelly, dirty rotting rooms, no hot water, but plenty of black mold and are a big fan of "PHYSCO" and the Bates Motel you will throughly enjoy this Red Carpet Inn. Non speaking English people that don't understand why you're upset when you ask for a refund.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank blackewe

Travellers are raving about these Emporia hotels

New York State
Reviewed 24 August 2008

When my wife and I arrived there was not a single car in the front parking lot of this one story motel. When I asked the desk clerk why , she told us that the customers were all parked around back and had rear rooms. I told her that I also wanted a rear room away from the road. She told me that a train passed by regularly. Therefore, we opted for a front facing room. Upon checking the rear parking lot, there was not a single car. When we entered the room there was a floor lamp bent in the middle, but still standing. My wife went into the bathroom, only to find a used towel hanging on the back of the door and urine on the toilet rim.The woodwork was heavily chipped and marked-up. Body hair was found on the bed blanket. The door to this ground floor room had a large opening under it, which could allow who knows what creatures to enter. The motel had a defunct restaurant at one end with a large heavily rusted sign on the roof. Needless to say, we did not stay. Due to the 24 hour cancellation policy, the manager would not refund our money.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank mrblinky
Southport
Reviewed 2 May 2008

We were driving from NJ to see relatives back to our home in North Carolina when we decided it was just getting to late to keep driving. We stopped at a reststop to pick up room coupons. Since we weren't planning on havving to stop we picked the Red Carpet Inn because of cost. What a mistake. We checked in at 12:30 in the morning and the first thing we noticed was the drop ceiling caving in, than the Black Widow like spider on the wall. Being so tired we disposed of the spider and proceeded to get ready for bed. While I was brushing my teeth I kept having to swat a fly than back in the bedroom a moth ran into me. That is when my husband and I realized that there were bugs all over the room. We went back to the office to get our money back and leave. The manager had to check the room to make sure we didn't make a mess (all within the 20 or so minutes we were there) he discovered that I had thrown a travel size toothpaste box in the trash so would not reinburse us since the room was dirty!!!! I can tell you after the unsanitary room conditions and the response (lack of) from the manager this will not be the only place that will have bad review. Oh forgot to mention what looked like a drug deal going on a few rooms down.... Beware the owner is only looking for your money and not into keeping up this hotel.

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank starshipfishing
New York
Reviewed 27 February 2008

This honestly was one of the disgusting places I have ever walked into. Me, my boyfriend, my mom and dad, my two sisters, my two little cousins, and my two little neice and nephew all got a hotel room there. Stains all over the blanks, Mildew at the bottom of the shower certains, A STRONG smoke oder, and on my sisters Crumbles up pillow pieces of hair, and a strong stench of body oder as someone had just layed in the bed 10 minutes before we got there and all they did was throw a blanket over it. The refridgerator was supposed to be white but in the inside there was black stuff all over it. There were bugs EVERYWHERE. The door to the room hardly even shut unless you slammed it shut. It really looked like something in a horror movie. We complained to the guy and he said there was nothing he could do about so we all packed up and left an hour later and waisted our money so that goes to show you how horrible this place was.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank thezscars29
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2005

Experienced car problems, ended up here as it was the next exit. Its about what you would expect for a mom and pop hotel located outside a no-name city. The free donuts in the AM were tasty, staff was friendly, however the hotel is old. Probably built in the 50s or 60s. The carpet was old, etc. If I was with my family I certainly wouldn't stay here, but it was alright to "rough it" one night with my brother. Oh by the way, dont drive north of the motel more than a mile at night- turns into a bad neighborhood. Paid $38.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashua, NH
Reviewed 31 July 2005

Roaches everywhere, filthy rug, bathroom discusting. Should be closed down by the board of health...Whould not let my dog stay there. The only reason I did was I just drove 1000 miles, was beat tired & didnt see how bad it was till morning...I ran out as fast as I can & never looked back

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business