“Friendly place for an overnight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
“Friendly place for an overnight”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on our way up 95. The hotel was easy to find off the exit and makes a nice first impression. The lobby staff was very friendly. Our children were thrilled that the indoor pool was open until 11:00pm. The pool area was clean and perfect for a quick swim before bedtime. The bed and bedding were cozy and soft, and we all got a good night's sleep. The room was very clean. The breakfast the next morning was normal fare, and the staff was very friendly. As we left our room, we passed two different members of the housekeeping staff. Both thanked us for coming and invited us to return. We will definitely be stopping here again.

Stayed July 2014
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I am delighted that you took the time to let other traveler's know about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. I am so glad the children enjoyed their swim in our heated indoor pool and I am sure they needed to let off some energy after traveling all day.

We thank you for your business here and hope you will visit us again soon.

Kathy Petersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Salisbury Mills, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The stay at the Fairfield in Emporia, Virginia was an enjoyable one. The concierge greeted us in a hospitable and friendly manner. She was helpful and courteous. The staff that was overseeing the Breakfast area was very accommodating and friendly. The desk personnel was very open to supplying the various restaurants in the area and providing directions. It was an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Travelinbill_12
Thank you for telling others about our hotel. We appreciate your business and we are delighted you enjoyed our "southern" hospitality. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for one nigh on the way to NY. It was a very nice hotel, beds are very comfortable and rooms are updated. Very modern. Staff was very friendly. I didn't get to do much because we just stopped to sleep, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FBLAF
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We appreciate your business at our hotel and thank you so much for the review and letting others know about our hotel.

Visit us again soon,
Pembroke pines
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a road trip and it was a very spacious and clean room (we may have gotten a wheelchair accessible room). The breakfast was great, there were hot eggs, bagels, pastries, yogurts, and various beverages. The staff was friendly and helpful. There wasn't anything in this area that would make me want to revisit this location specifically but if we are driving by and need a place to stop I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We appreciate your business here in Emporia, VA and are happy that you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast and hotel. We hope your travels will bring you to visit with us again.

Thank you for sharing your experience,
New Egypt, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a pleasant place to spend the night when traveling I95. The hotel is clean with a nice common are to relax, read the paper, watch tv, or use computers. The breakfast area is roomy and offers a variety of items from cereals, to eggs, muffins, bagels, yogurt, bacon, sausage, and waffles. The best part though is the comfortable beds for a great nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Everything we do here is to provide an excellent guest experience and I am delighted to know it showed in your experience.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Wesley Chapel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed here several times while traveling from Florida to Delaware. It is a beautiful hotel. The beds are very comfortable...Wyndham quality! We always ask for the best rate. On weekends it seems to be AAA. this time it was the small discount book (5x7 size) that we picked up at the welcome center. Hot breakfast is available as well as continental. There is a Walmart adjacent and a grocery store. Applebee's is across the street. Great place to stop!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatnDee
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell guest about your experience at our hotel. We base our guest experiences on our promises to our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we kept our guest promises to you.

We hope you will have another opportunity to visit us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014

As Fairfield Inns go, the one just off I-95 in Emporia, Va. is OK. The people working there are very nice and are helpful in finding a place to eat. The rooms are standard Fairfield Inn - nothing fance, clean and a comfortable bed. What more can you ask for on an overnight stay? The one thing that's lacking is something theFairfield Inn can't do anything about - restaurants. There really isn't a whole lot to choose from. I'd be very happy with an Outback Steakhouse, but there isn't one there. I'll probably stay at this hotel in the future and I sure hope that some mid-range restaurants move into the area before I return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gdadtraveling
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with our hotel. We do appreciate your business. We too wish there were more to choose from in the way of Restaurants. I am not sure if you know that we do have Applebees, Cracker Barrel, Carolina BBQ, a new German Restaurant and the Squire House in our area. While they are not Outback Steakhouse, they are a few good choices.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Kathy Petersen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Best Western Emporia
Best Western Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!