“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
glasgow
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

One night stay arriving at 5.30pm in the afternoon. Our first experience of Hampton Inn and it was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful pointing out places to eat in the evening. Room was very clean and breakfast excellent and included in the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sd1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is very pet friendly. There is no additional charge for pets. The rooms for guests with pets are on the 5th floor. They are very clean and there is no evidence that there has been a pet in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Jrice003
bluffton, sc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

While traveling anywhere, my husband and I always look to stay at Hampton--usually cannot beat their price for what you get. You can always count on a nice clean room, good breakfast and good customer service. We are also Hilton Honors members and get points toward other stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I needed a pet friendly hotel as I was moving with my 2 dogs in the heat of summer. The hotel was very good about accommodating my dogs. I was given a room with easy access to outdoors, and there was lots of room to exercise my dogs. We give this hotel 5 out of five paws up!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Barbara W
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hampton Inn is our default choice when traveling so we know what the "norm" is. This property was better than expected. It has been recently renovated according to the new Hampton Inn standard so the breakfast area is open and spacious. I particularly like the high table with bar stools when I am traveling alone. The front desk clerk was exceptionally pleasant and helpful at check-in, the room was clean and cool (it was a really hot day and I was happy the thermostat had been set low enough). The breakfast was the standard fare, so I'd rate it as average.

Emporia is at the crossroads of I-95 and US 58. There were a half dozen hotels within a stones throw of this property and a wide variety of restaurants (all chain) to choose from.

Room Tip: Don't expect much bandwidth from the free wifi! OK for email, but not for downloading large file...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I'm from the Richmond, VA area originally, but my husband and I live in Eastern NC (off the Garysburg exit a ways from 95). Ultimately, my standards of any hotel off 95 were low. My husband prefers Hilton family hotels for points, so we stayed here for the night before getting back on the road for our 4th of July weekend plans. Pleasantly surprised. Beautiful lobby. Coffee bar by the check in desk, nice area for breakfast. Lovely rooms, and hard wood details in the room. Very clean, linens were lovely. You could even smell the clean. My only critiques: pillows are VERY soft. If you like firm pillows, bring your own. Also, the cookies at the front desk were macadamia but and raspberry? Stupid thing to mention, but I like those free cookies :) get some chocolate chip cookies, and most people will be fine. Needless to say that whole cookie container was stocked full with that flavor. Not sure if they were a hit or not ;) all in all, if you want a nice, comfortable, clean place to stay while staying in Emporia over night, this is a great option.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sarah T
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Location - right off I-95, lots of asphalt, no crosswalks
Parking - not very much parking, a couple cars blocked in our trailer so it was tricky getting out of there
Pool - indoor, I was concerned about the kids slipping on the standing water
Rooms - SMALL, we were tripping over each other
Service - mediocre, they didn't go out of their way to help or ask if we needed help with luggage

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Breathingin1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#6 of 12 in Emporia
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!