“Return trip Florida Montreal”
Review of Sleep Inn Emporia

Sleep Inn Emporia
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Montreal, Canada
“Return trip Florida Montreal”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this Hotel on our way back from Florida. I had reserve in advance and had no problems when we arrived at the Hotel as this is a very busy time of year and there were no vacancies everywhere. The Hotel was perfect, the room was clean the shower was a walk-in and our king size bed was very comfortable. I recommend this Hotel to wall travellers from North to South and return.

Room Tip: Second floor no pets all couples, very enjoyable no noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Scranton, PA
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My parents and I were driving from PA to FL and stopped halfway at this hotel. We didn't have a reservation but they had a nice handicapped room available late at 1:00 am when we were making our stop. The desk clerk was friendly and the rooms were very clean. I was happy to have a nice bed, free internet and a good shower. We were pleased with the free breakfast the next day and they even offered my dad a "coffee to go" which made him very happy. We had a great experience at this hotel and we plan on staying here in the future when making this trip!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a new hotel and looks very nice from the outside. When I entered the hotel with my coupon book in hand, the receptionist was beyond friendly. She offered me my choice of floors (I didn't care) and gave me a lovely room on the first floor. In the room everything was clean. The TV was new and had a wide variety of channels. The bathroom was large--everything in one room. There was shampoo, lotion, and soap--no conditioner. The internet was fast and free. We could see our car outside the window. There were a lot of chain restaurants nearby--some in walking distance. The only problem I had, was the walls were so thin you could hear people cough in the hall. Since this is off the interstate, a number of travelers were heading out early to beat rush hour, so I was awoken at about 5 a.m. with doors slamming and people talking. After they left, I fell back to sleep no problem. The breakfast sounded better in print than reality--but it was typical hotel free breakfast. The Belgium waffles were nice if you were there when it wasn't crowded. The sausage patties were also a nice touch. The eggs were hardboiled and the "fresh" fruit were tiny sad looking apples and oranges. The hostess on duty worked constantly to keep everything clean and filled. All and all a good choice for overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My family and I were down for a weekend family gathering and stayed at this hotel. My experience was awesome. The staff was great at the reception desk, in the dinning area, and housekeeping. The hotel was clean and the decor was beautiful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thanks Sleep Inn in Emporia for a wonderful weekend experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllis J
gmva416, Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your review and stay at our property. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you continue to choose Sleep Inn Emporia while traveling in the area in the future. We take great pride in our staff and it is always good to hear that we have succeeded in providing the best possible service to our guests.
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Clean room. Free use to computer & internet. Friendly staff. Great value.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Dani1028
gmva416, Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to continue to provide the same level of service to all our guests. I am sure your trip to Disney was a success and we look forward to seeing you the next time on your travels.
New York
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn in Emporia while traveling to a vacation in Myrtle Beach. Although the hotel was well-reviewed, I was amazed at how excellent our experience was! The lobby was beautiful, the hotel staff were efficient and friendly, and the room itself was nicer than resorts charging over $200 a night. Not only was the room very large, but it was so tastefully decorated! The breakfast area was clean, well-attended, and the selection was excellent. We were both totally impressed with our experience and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank desireis19
South Carolina
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We have been happy with most of the Sleep Inns and this was no exception. We were greeted and processed for our room very efficiently. The room was beautifully decorated and had great linens. It was clean and definitely up to excellent standards. The breakfast area was in great shape. We requested that they add yoghurt to the breakfast menu and the general manager was very agreeable to our suggestion. Although they do have smoking rooms, we were assured that they were only on the top floor. We never had a smoke smell problem as we have had at other properties. We will definitely add this property to our list of those we will return to.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mianoi
gmva416, General Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. While we are fairly new we have infact recently "Refreshed" to our hotel and completed a renovation which includes new upgraded bedding/linens, artwork, seating and window treatments. I am glad to hear that this was well received. In regards to the yogurt request we have decided to implement that and you should see that on our menu shortly this coming spring. We thank you again for your stay and we hope you continue to choose Sleep Inn's for your future lodging needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!