“Excellent but beware of heavy scented smell on bottom floor”
Review of Sleep Inn Emporia

Sleep Inn Emporia
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay here when we travel back and forth to florida. It costs $20 more than the run down quality inn nearby but it is well worth it. This is new and modern. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable beds. If you are a choice privileges member you get points for staying here and towards the 3rd night free deal. If you are allergic to scented products beware of a heavy scent on the bottom floor. You must ask for a room on the 2nd floor that has not been sprayed with air freshness. I have to do this or I couldn't stay there. The 2nd floor seems fine but ask or tell during your booking!

Room Tip: Call and ask them what your issues are
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We always stay at the Sleep inn on our way home from Florida. I booked on line requesting a specific room. Upon our arrival we noticed that it was the same customer service person and she is so nice. We did get the room that we requested as indicated on the confirmation. We did also receive a confirmation by e-mail in Florida indicating my request. All in all it was a beautiful stay even if we did not stay for the breakfast. They always have good coffee for our road trip when we leave in the morning.

Room Tip: We always choose room 216 on the second floor at the end of the corridor. Quiet and clean
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Now that I'm on the road more, I tend to drift toward Sleep Inns, as their track record is pretty good. I decided to stop here during my drive home, as it was at the end of my tank of gas and I would be here in time for my Monday night telecommuting shift.

My check-in was quick and the gentleman at the front desk gave me an ethernet cable when my wireless card decided to go on the fritz. The breakfast of eggs and sausage was hot and tasty, and I was checked out before I had even woken up, so I had more time to sleep in and then pack for home.

There was one very glaring problem, however; the walk-in shower (I was a bit disappointed, as I had hoped for a tub to relax and unwind) had an extremely low supply of hot water, so my shower was unfortunately a very icy one. Fortunately, the heater worked like a charm and I didn't freeze as I dried off. In hindsight, it's probably a good thing there wasn't a tub, with the low supply of hot water; I'd have likely turned into an ice cube!

I don't think I'll be stopping at this particular Sleep Inn again, but it got me off the road for the night and gave me a warm bed to sleep in, so it wasn't all bad. Points off for the water issue, though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DodgerOfZion
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We try to break up our drive from Orlando to NJ and decided to drive a little more than half on the return trip. Emporia was a good 2/3 stopping point and we agreed to try this hotel recommended by traveling companions.

The room was good, the bed comfortable. My wife loved the large, open shower in the bathroom. The location was good, near a large number of eating establishments and it was literally just off of I-95 so it made it a very convenient stop over.

Definitely book in advance. We paid a premium for booking it only a few days before the stop. Expedia charged a premium price, while our invoice from the hotel had the discounted amount ($20 less than Expedia charged us). Consider calling the hotel directly if traveling last minute.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean & comfy, accessible on/off 95! Arrived close to 1am & reservation was for a smoking room which I didn't realize... & the front desk was nice enough to inform me & change the room as she saw that I had children with me... That was thoughtful! Breakfast is your typical waffles, eggs, sausage... But not a big selection of cereals & fruits... But would stay again!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Christina L
General Manager ., Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

You are very much welcome Christina about informing you that a smoking room has been booked on error it was no trouble at all. I will be sure and pass along the suggestion about having a better variety of fruits and cereal. We hope that you will come back and see us again when your in the area.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Good clean hotel, nice breakfast (mix of cold cereals, hot cereal, fruit, bagels, eggs and the normal milk, juice, coffee, tea), good size room - right off I-95. Very convenient to cut that long trip in half. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lmsullivan1

Thank you Bianca so much. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was friendly and courteous. We hope to see you again the next time your are in the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at this Sleep Inn a few times as it is the midway point for us between NY & FL, and we were very satisfied. I also stayed at the Fairfield Inn & The Hampton Inn, but the Sleep Inn was the best out of the three. It was newly renovated a few years back, the rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable. The breakfast was good for a free continental breakfast, there was a good selection. The employees at the desk & in the breakfast area were courteous. It is right off I-95, and there are gas stations and plenty of fast food restaurants to choose from. This is where we will always stop on our future trips!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bianca A
General Manager ., Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!