“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Sleep Inn Emporia

Sleep Inn Emporia
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at Sleep Inn. We were greeted warmly and was offered a lower rate than my reservation. She asked if I had AAA. I made my reservation not using my card. Good deal, thanks for asking.
Very nice room and comfortable king bed. The bathroom was large enough with a shower, no tub.
Good breakfast with muffins, yogurt, toast, fruit, cereal, waffles, egg patties, and sausage. Great coffee and juice.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suetwe
General Manager ., Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Suetwe,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you ever stay with us a second time our double bed rooms have the tub if you should need one. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope to see you again on your next trip.

Kindly,

Jessica Dickinson
Front Desk Manager
Sleep Inn Emporia,VA
434-348-3900

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We checked into this hotel last night. We were first put in room 400 but there was a miscommunication and the room wasn't ready. Once advising the front desk of this the manager found us another room very promptly room 405. It was very clean and comfortable the manager even called to double check everything was Ok. The beds were comfortable and hotel as a whole was very clean and Inviting. Would stay here again on our next trip through. Thanks sleep in for a nice quiet headache free stay

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Z
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel was very clean & updated ,, People were very friendly at Desk, Very clean pool , which is what my husband & needed after Driving all day ... Breakfast was very good & presented with a friendly smile & very good choices .... If anyone is traveling there I would recommend staying there ... Also all rooms are smoke free ....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After a long day driving, we stopped at Sleep Inn, because it is our preferred hotel when traveling. First, we discovered that the price was considerably higher than other Sleep Inns we have visited in Virginia. We were given room 200. After unpacking, I went to take a shower and was greeted with NO hot water. My wife called the desk, and we were moved to room 301. Again, NO hot water! When my wife called the desk again, the clerk said she was unaware of any problems, but would check it out. She then called back and said there was a plumber working on the problem. It would be an hour or so until the hot water would be fixed. (could it be that the hot water was turned off for this wing of the hotel?) We were then shifted to room 316 where FINALLY, there was hot water. Three rooms before finding hot water is unacceptable for weary travelers. When we checked out the next morning, we complained to the manager about the situation, he did give us a 15% discount on our stay. This brought down the price to similar Sleep Inns in Virginia. When we discussed the price, the manager was very abrupt with us about it. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped here on our way home from Myrtle beach as a halfway stopover. The girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful when I asked about shopping in the area. After being in the room awhile she called and made sure everything was good in our room. She also helped us out when the soda machine gave us trouble. We were on the 1st floor in a non smoking room. It was very spacious with a nice desk if you are there on business. I liked that there was a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom was also a nice size and looked newly renovated. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was good. The only complaint I had with it was that the worker taking care of the area was on her phone almost the entire time I was eating. Luckily I knew how to make a waffle from other hotels since there are no directions on the waffle maker and the worker wasn't paying attention. The only other complaint I have is when I checked in I was told one price and when I checked out I was charged an extra dollar. When I looked at bill it was for the safe. I only stayed one night so didn't even use it. If not for those 2 things I would have given it an excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Halfway stop-over between Jax, FL & NYS. Hotel is nice, as all Sleep Inns. First room assigned(not what I asked for on online booking) was regular room(had received a confirmation on accessible room)! Desk clerk quickly changed my room to accessible on first floor. Our stay now was very good. Problem we had was using the Wi-Fi. After we got back to NYS & signed on our computers(My wife's & mine) we got a message from Microsoft that there were suspicious sign-ons (while we were traveling on 5/20/2014. Our passwords were "Hacked" & needed to be changed immediately!!! So if you go there, don't use the Wi-Fi unless they give you a "Secure Sign-on"!!! We use Choice Hotels many times & this was our first problem of this kind. Be careful!! I would stay here again if necessary, but will probably find another Choice Hotel nearby!!

Room Tip: Accessible King Suites are good but prefer double beds. Walk in shower was very good!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay here when we travel back and forth to florida. It costs $20 more than the run down quality inn nearby but it is well worth it. This is new and modern. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable beds. If you are a choice privileges member you get points for staying here and towards the 3rd night free deal. If you are allergic to scented products beware of a heavy scent on the bottom floor. You must ask for a room on the 2nd floor that has not been sprayed with air freshness. I have to do this or I couldn't stay there. The 2nd floor seems fine but ask or tell during your booking!

Room Tip: Call and ask them what your issues are
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!