“Very Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Exmore
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I really would have liked to rate this higher. Staff during check- in/ check out were pleasant. Stacy checked us in and was friendly and enjoyable to talk to. Bed was not comfortable at all and walls were thin. Could here elevator even though we were a couple of rooms away from it and anyone around us that moved. Breakfast was a disgrace - had to wait 15 minutes for them to make more eggs ( we were there at 8:30a) and then another 15 minutes for sausage. Then when they brought sausage out there were only 6 patties that were put out and at least 5 people waiting. Would not revisit again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Debbie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

First let me thank you for taking the time to post a review. Even if the review is not the most flattering . This review lets us know exactly what we do well and what do we need to improve on. I am very sorry your experience was so disappointing. I do know our staff truly cares about each and everyone of our guest and try to make all of our guest stay enjoyable. I do know we have recently had construction crews checking in and this defiantly would effect our breakfast . I do hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area . I'm sure your experience will much better.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Traveling down the eastern shore on our way to VA Beach my wife and I overnighted at this HI Express. The hotel is relatively new, very clean and comfortable. Perfect for getting a good nights rest and back on the road the next morning without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Debbie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. Our staff is very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do value our guest opinion and do our best to all our guest stay as comfortable as possible. See you the next time your travels takes you to the Eastern Shore.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times while driving up the eastern shore. Every stay has been completely in a comfortable, quiet and clean room. The front desk personnel have always been friendly and helpful, even at 1:30 AM. In my experience, the Exmore HI Express epitomizes what I want from Holiday Inn Express. They provide exactly what a traveler needs, nothing more and nothing less. My only complaint is that the included continental breakfast is pretty much the standard fare, no worse than most others of its kind, but no better either. And the coffee might be a little better sometimes... but this is by no means an issue isolated to this location. I dislike most hotel continental breakfasts. I definitely will stay at the Exmore Holiday Inn Express again while traveling along the Eastern Shore of Virginia, even though the price is sometimes a bit higher than I would like to be paying.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Debbie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

It is always great to read such great reviews. As posted in previous responses to guest reviews, we are going through the process to include healthier alternatives with our breakfast. We understand how the same old-same old can get a bit mundane. Our first priority is guest satisfaction! We look forward to having you as guests again and hopefully the next time you come around, we can 'wow' you with our changes.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed there on the eve of the Between the Shore bike ride. We paid $79.00 total for the room that included a nice hot breakfast. Note there is no pet fee. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The property also adjoins some fields, so there was ample room to walk the dogs. The hotel staff is courteous and friendly. Easy to find off of highway 13, the hotel is well located to access some the of the great places on the Eastern Shore. When visiting the area, ensure you go to Turner Galleries to see some terrific bronze wildlife sculptures, about 9 miles north of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Debbie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We had beautiful weather for the bike ride on the shore that weekend. Our staff truly care about out guest and their pets. Our goal is to take care of our guest 100% of the time. This truly is a team effort. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here when we did the Between the Waters bike tour in October. Staff friendly and helpful.
The breakfast that was included with the room was good. Room was quiet even though we were close to the elevator.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Debbie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We would like to Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is a great time of year for the Between the Water bike ride we did have beautiful weather . I'm pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay . Our breakfast is awesome ( I love the pancake machine is great) Look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly efficient reception staff. Shonda was great there. Found a partial "leftover" in the toilet when I first entered the room. While it's easily remedied with a flush, it is really housekeeping 101. The rest of the suite was clean and had plenty of room. The TV took awhile to boot up - 15 minutes. For about 5 minutes the TV just said "no signal." Now it is stuck on the weather channel. Had to directly use the controls on the wall mounted box to change channels. Remote seems to only do power, mute and volume. If I were here longer I would ask them to fix it. Hotel is close to a shopping plaza with a grocery store. Easy access from the main highway.

Stayed: October 2013

I am truly sorry about the toilet we do strive to check every room before our guest check-in. I will bring this to our executive housekeeper . We also have called Direct TV tech about the situation with our service . We do thank you for bring both this situations to our attention . This helps us make improvements in our service . Hopefully you will stay with us again and you will view our improvements.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have reviewed a lot of places and this place is a good stay. I read the reviews and saw a few bad reviews but after staying here can only figure some people just can't be pleased. So I would disregard the bad reviews as the good ones are more like the stay here. The staff was pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. The king room at the back of the hotel on the third floor we had was large, clean and quiet. Good water pressure and lots of hot water in the clean bathroom. Coffee in the room, ice on each floor with drink machine. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, coffee, several types of juice, fruit and GREAT warm cinnamon rolls. Plenty of food and supplies and alert staff doing a good job even emptying the trash so no over flow of dirty dishes. The room was clean with lots of tables and was very busy but everyone looked like they were getting a good breakfast and were happy. I sat in the lobby after eating and saw lots of people coming and going and one man told the front desk "Holiday Inn was right...I feel smarter after staying at Holiday Inn Express". Now I can only think he must have had a good stay too! This is a good stopover from Nags Head and other beach stays. Prices are good also and the Hotel is new. There is also a nice exercise room, WiFi and a small indoor pool that looked inviting. The other couple with us said they had a good stay too. Worth it and I appreciate the good stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are away from the road and quiet.