Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
US$167
US$156
Courtyard
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
US$121
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$178
US$156
Candlewood Suites Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsred lobstercinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanboth morningsenjoyed staying heretv channelswashing machinehot breakfastdulles airportmetro stationmin drivestayed for nightsnice areawonderful stayfirst floorwashington dc
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked a room with Holiday Inn Express, Fairfax, to visit a dear friend. I booked several months in advance and chose the cheapest possible rate. Due to illness, my visit was cancelled. I am not sure how many online chat reps, email reps and phone reps I have spoken to with Holiday Inn Express so far ... but I have been refused a refund by every single one. They have been rude, not understanding and unwilling to work with me. They offered to re-schedule my trip and I told them I would not be taking the trip PERIOD and if I did decide to in the future, I would not be staying with them. The lack of customer service is appalling and disgusting. When attempting to reschedule, they could not even find a date available in the future and insisted they needed my credit card information, although they already have it. I am done with staying at any Holiday Inn Express if this is the way I, as a "guest," am going to be treated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear lcorrell14,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fairfax.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booked 2 hotel rooms for bus drivers on a concert bus tour.
I book Holiday Inn Express in as many cities as I can because of their fantastic customer service and extremely helpful front desk staff. They typically get my bus drivers into rooms by 10am, even when they're sold out the night before. Never a bad experience, until this one.
I called, as per usual, to confirm credit card authorization forms and that the rooms were named appropriately (we had a last minute driver change). I was transferred by the lady at the front desk 3 times to the outside reservations line before I could even finish my sentence. ONLY the front desk can confirm the authorization forms, so on my 4th call I firmly asked NOT to be transferred and stated I needed to have the authorization forms checked. The lady was very short and obviously annoyed I had called 4 times. Finally confirmed she had the correct information and I informed her our bus drivers would be headed over to check in to the earliest available rooms. She told me she wouldn't be able to get them in until 2pm and I asked her to do her best to get them into the first two available and she said that she would.
My drivers were then told when the arrived to the hotel that they would probably not be checked in until 2pm, so they informed me and I called to talk to a manager. I let the lady know the situation again and also informed her of my previous experiences with Holiday Inn Express and asked her to do her best to get them in earlier than that. She proceeded to yell at me in broken english, telling me I was using the "wrong words" and needed to learn "good english" because I misunderstood her and that she had not told the drivers that and that I needed to talk to them to know what she really said.
Needless to say - I asked for her manager and found out she WAS the manager. Could not believe it.
My drivers did get into hotel rooms by 10:30am, but when we came back two days later and needed 4 more rooms I avoided this hotel like the plague since I don't enjoy being yelled at by hotel management. I would recommend the Courtyard Marriott right around the corner - much friendlier staff and were able to get my drivers in even quicker after a sold out night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley B
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That’s our goal. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that all of the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken.

If you need further assistance regarding this matter, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

paul.reyes@baywoodhotels.com
703.359.2888 ext. 2002

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 days/4 nights while touring DC with 42 high school students. I was pleasantly surprised by how updated and nice this hotel was after seeing (and being concerned) the rating on TripAdvisor. It was clean and neat. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We would absolutely stay here if we ever come back with a group of students in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We would like to thank your group for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. Thank you for your feedback and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the rest of our service team.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your group in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The desk staff was very friendly, but when my room was not ready, I was given a different room, which was not really clean. Food residue on the desk and hair on a bed pillow. They quickly changed the room, the but new room turned out to be right under the treadmill of the fitness center. Loud. The cleaning staff was having very loud conversations in the hall during afternoon cleaning,which was very distracting and lasted for more than an hour.
The refrigerator was fine, but no freezer.
Overall the appearance was clean, but I was not impressed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are right under the fitness center and may be loud.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

greeted by very pleasant staff. hotel is clean, room was modern and plenty of furniture for work and storage. very convenient and comfortable. The breakfast is the typical HI express plastic wrapped food. I would avoid

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay. The Holiday Inn Express Brand is currently in the process of upgrading our Express Start Breakfast. We are adding healthier options to our breakfast menu which will be effective April 1, 2014.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Holiday Inn Express Fairfax, Virginia