All reviews fairfax city complimentary breakfast room was clean the breakfast area george mason university would stay here again we've stayed free parking waffle maker waffles convenient location great place to stay very nice hotel plenty of parking fitness center easy access front desk staff
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Found this hotel to be very good location for hopping on the metro and going into city. Good price and hot breakfast was very good for the type of hotel. Would highly recommend for location and price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel was centrally located for our sight-seeing and visiting with friends who live in the area. Although our room was on the front, the street noise was not unbearable. The room was clean; the bed, comfy; and the front desk staff were always friendly, helpful and efficient (they promised to tell housekeeping that the closet doors needed a new track and the tub wasn't draining properly.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am a frequent traveler to DC and because of the Cherry Blossom festival, my normal hotels were all booked so I tried this Hampton Inn. I have to say it was outstanding. The lobby and rooms were spotless and everything was fresh and clean. The staff were exceptional. Very friendly, helpful and professional. I will mention that I also like this area of Northern Virginia. I had never stayed in this location and it is more rural with some good restaurant choices right around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The overall it was a nice stay, but for someone to travels a lot it needs some updating. The elevators where very slow and creaky, and the noise level in the rooms was pretty bad. Other then that the fitness center is one of the best that I have seen in a Hampton Inn, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

While visiting Washington D.C. for two days, we decided to stay in Fairfax (about 12 miles west of D.C.) to avoid the costly (rooms and parking) at hotels in D.C. I had thought a metro stop was within walking distance of the hotel but was wrong. We would have had to have taken a cab from the Hampton Inn to the metro stop and back. But as luck would have it, a "snow storm" of 5" on Sunday night resulted in all federal employees getting Monday off, so we and other tourists had D.C. and the city parking all to our selves.

The Hampton Inn in Fairfax has large comfortable rooms with all amenities including Wi-Fi and a large flat screen TV with many channel choices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast had many choices including nice small ready made omelets. I don't recall if there was a microwave available to warm up these tasty little buggers, which then needed. For a stay in the D.C. area, this Hampton Inn is a good value. Just don't expect to walk to a metro station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple