All reviewsfairfax citycomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanthe breakfast areageorge mason universitywould stay here againwe've stayedfree parkingwaffle makerwafflesconvenient locationgreat place to stayvery nice hotelplenty of parkingfitness centereasy accessfront desk staff
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Upon arrival I was treated like a VIP. Check in was quick and easy, which was very helpful on a warm day. My room was great HD tv was a joy. Location was great from my purpose. Breakfast was filling and check out was friendly. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice hotel to stay when traveling on business or pleasure. Rooms are a nice size, very clean and breakfast has a good choice of items: hot, cold and fresh fruit. Staff are typically very friendly and helpful. Locations are also very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here last summer while moving my son into college nearby and then again in the fall when visiting for Family Weekend. First stay impressed me with friendly, attentive staff and a clean hotel. Breakfast was average even for a Hampton Inn but okay. Great location with stores and restaurants within walking and driving distance. Hotel is located on a very busy street but our room was quiet. On a positive note, while it was nearly 100 degrees outside, there was no problem with the a/c keeping the room or common areas cool and comfortable. Second stay disappointed me with a room that looked older, worn, and not as clean. The fridge in our room was not working because housekeeping had left the door open. We called the front desk to ask for a replacement which they promptly brought up to the room. It was a smaller fridge that was filthy - it actually had mold growing inside it. Because it was late, I did not call back down. Instead, I thoroughly cleaned the fridge with bleach wipes that I had in my luggage so that we could store our beverages in it. Breakfast this time around was disgusting - there was rotten fruit on the buffet; the hot items tasted terrible; and the waffles were the consistency of rubber - impossible to cut with the plastic cutlery provided. Overall, this hotel, while conveniently located and generally clean, could use an update and some attention to details. The staff was not friendly at all on my second stay - did not greet us upon checkin or ask how our stay was at checkout. It really seemed as if they did not really care. There are many choices for hotels in this area and we will be choosing a different one on our next visit to Fairfax.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tmfoxx
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Overall experience was good. However they kind of overdid it on the bleach because that's all I could smell in the bathroom. Unfortunately when I was there a group of folks were there as well and all I could hear were kids in the hallway. Breakfast was very good. It's location is ideal in the area where we stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

i was impressed at how quiet my room was despite tour buses of students staying in the hotel. The room was very comfortable and clean. I appreciated the coffeepot being on too, and breakfast that's available from 6-10 am

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo