“Close to everything”

Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Words, seriously, cannot accurately convey how great the front desk and customer service was! Our rooms were excellent and so convenient to everywhere we had to be while we visited Washington D.C. Traveling with my grandchildren the staff was always greeting them and asking them about their day in D.C.! Being from below Roanoke...I didn't expect such wonderful hospitality, thank you for opening my eyes! The buffet in the downstairs lobby was a little on the skimpy side but still very tasty. Price not too bad when considering eating in D.C. for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 March 2014

we had to stay overnight for a concert our son was attending. I researched over and over and I made a great choice. This hotel has it all for a great price. I highly suggest this hotel for anyone.
My husband and I ate in the restaurant for dinner and for breakfast the next morning. It was not the cheapest meal, but it was very good. The beds are really comfortable. The shower heads are adjustable and the water pressure was great. The staff was nice, my son had problems with his phone getting on the internet and the front desk guy helped him out both times and was really knowledgeable about it. We stayed another night even though we had reservations somewhere else. In fact, we are planning to come back to DC soon and we will stay here again!

Room Tip: There are rooms that overlook the inside atrium. The room was quiet and we did not hear noise in the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Hotel is conveniently located with lots of shops including walmart, gas station, 7 eleven and others close by. The staff is extremely friendly - I have to commend the front desks over the top service from George from Bulgaria who couldn't be more helpful and accommodating. I travel for a living and can safely say that the beds are extremely comfortable and the hotel is spotlessly clean! Put a lovely staff with kind people, and you feel very welcome and comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I really like Marriott hotels because of the consistency and customer service but this one left me puzzled. When I checked in there was one clerk checking in 4 people standing in line but he never once looked up to say " I'll be with you in a minute". Instead we had to stand there and then finally another clerk came and checked me in.

Upon unlocking my door, I was hit with a strong odor of male cat urine. I had a king size bed but the TV did not extend and swivel enough so I could see the full screen while laying in bed. It was blocked by a large closet cabinet which seemed a little awkward the way the room was set up. There is also a switch on the wall next to the night stand which turned out the lights but I found out later it also turned off the electricity to the electric outlets so my phone did not charge during the night.
The pool does not open until 5 p.m weekdays. So my attempt to check in early to enjoy the pool was for not. Other than that the hotel was clean and had a pantry to get drinks and snacks along with the bistro for quick meals. I did not think it met my expectations for a Marriott Courtyard

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Ross D, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your review on February 22. We deeply regret the experience you had in your room and offer our sincere apology. Our team works hard to ensure cleanliness standards have been met and exceeded. We have taken steps to remove any odor from this room. After receiving your review, we gave our front desk team some feedback and have required him to take additional training in verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had some Business to take care of in Fairfax and stayed 3 nights . The room was nice and clean there was a little cafe and lounge area in the center . There is an indoor pool also . Overall I had a nice stay and would stay here again when traveling to the DC area . .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Ross D, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Fair Oaks. Thank you for taking a few moments to review your recent stay. We are so glad that you chose our hotel. We look forward to hosting you upon your return to Fairfax.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here 2 days for a family function in the area. Had a good experience. The room was large and clean.
The facility had a great design. The hotel lounge has a little bistro for breakfast and the sitting area are
Booths with a personal TV. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel B

Greetings from the Fair Oaks Courtyard by Marriott. Thank you for taking a few moments to review your recent stay. We are so glad that you had a good experience. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Fairfax.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel with a group of my students and their parents. The hotel has been consistently good. The service here is just as good as in the fanciest of hotels. This year we were grounded because of ice for an extra day, and the front desk kindly found us rooms for another night's stay, allowing most of us to remain in the rooms we were occupying so that we did not even have to move our belongings. The rooms are standard but nice. They are clean and well kept. This year I had lunch in the hotel's restaurant, and meal was delicious and reasonably priced. The hotel is located next to the Fair Oaks Mall, which came in handy for the students as they could walk through the parking lot to get to the mall for lunch and shopping.

Room Tip: If you are with a group, ask to stay on the same hall. The hotel is deceptively large.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business