“YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!”

Comfort Inn University Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the Comfort Inn University Center for a weekend, I must say this is one of the best hotel I've stayed.
We called the hotel for direction because our GPS wasn't working, the front clerk gave us clear direction to the hotel. Since we arrived early in the morning, we get to try their breakfast, they provided different varities to choose from, sounds like buffet but it's true.
our room is cleaned, services during check in and out were fast and efficient, location is great , its behind a 7-11, so if you want to get a quick snack , it's right there. Our room faced the big street but I had a good sleep without any interruptions.
They also paid good attention to our request when my ECO-FRIENDLY husband didn't want any room cleaned, we have stayed at other hotels requested room not to be clean but they still did.
There's also a beautiful indoor heated pool that looks like a spa pool, I didn't get to use it, but I sure will with my next stay.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Hello
Thank you for your kinds words and for taking the time to let us know about your stay, it is very important to us when we hear back from our guests. We sincerely apologize that your review was over looked and have no excuse but have learned from our mistake and we will ensure all reviews are properly responded to within a reasonable time frame. We hope that you will continue to write reviews where every you go. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn University Center

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Ok- arrival was great. Check-In was a little slow- but still ok. What was not ok- was that my key did not work in the door. When I went downstairs to tell the front desk she advised me that the mechanic/fi it person was gone for the evening- so I would need to have housekeeping let me in and out of the room- UNACCEPTABLE. I traveled the next day for business did not arrive back to room until after 7pm= room was not cleaned. Again, back to the front desk- to be told that housekeeping attempted to come to the room and knocked on the door and the someone said not now- impossible I was the only one there. Room service- is a chinese resturant- will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Tasha1972

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, it is very important to us when we hear back from our guests. We sincerely apologize that your review was over looked and have no excuse but have learned from our mistake and we will ensure all reviews are properly responded to within a reasonable time frame. We hope that you will continue to write reviews where every you go. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

The room was much larger than expected and there was a jacuzzi in it! Maybe they were overbooked, but for the $99 rate, I was not expecting a jacuzzi. Large room, clean, quick check-in and auto check-out. Great stay.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank avezan

Reviewed 8 November 2010

The staff is very nice and professional, aside from some middle management. However, the Internet is the WORST I have ever experienced at any hotel. So if you need to conduct work via the Internet, DO NOT stay at this hotel. I was here for a couple of weeks and they couldn't get it resolved. On excuse after another. If you don't need it, your stay will probably be fine.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank atomxyz

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we apologize about the slow internet, we have since upgraded our system twice, once in 2011 and again in 2016 and now again in 2017 to fiber, it is very important to us when we hear back from our guests. We sincerely apologize that your review was over looked and have no excuse but have learned from our mistake and we will ensure all reviews are properly responded to within a reasonable time frame. We hope that you will continue to write reviews where every you go. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I was traveling with my boyfriend to visit some friends in the area for 3 days. We decided to stay at this Comfort Inn because he had previously stayed here before and he loved the pool area. We stayed at a suite with a LCD TV and granite bathroom counter top and a kitchen!!! I was very surprised because I didn't expect to stay in such a nice room for only $89 per night. I strongly recommend staying at this Comfort Inn if you're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2010

We traveled with group of 6th graders for a week of touring D.C. The room was so small and the bathroom door had to be left open in order to move around. Also, the towels and wash clothes were a dingy yellow. There was mold and mildew everywhere. The vent in the bathroom was so dirty with dust that no air could circulate. The hallways smelled musty and the carpet in halls and rooms were terribly worn. It is an old and worn hotel. I am not sure of the rate we paid because it was a package of lodging, travel, and tours, however, our principal said next year they would not stay there because of all the complaints. So I know it was not just our room. Also, several rooms were broken into when we were out touring. On the positive side we were SO tired from touring the day we crashed at night regardless. There is NO way I could recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank bamagirl0605
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we recently got full access to our account and we sincerely apologize that your review was over looked in getting a response, it is important to us that we answer all reviews no matter when they were posted. We like to hear from all our guest to ensure that everyone is satisfied with their stay, we take all of the comments and suggestions seriously they let us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve to make changes, so your opinion matters to us. we have made many changes since you stay and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stayed here while attending a session at a corporation in Fairfax. This hotel offers a free shuttle service to/from corporate locations within 4 miles of the hotel. A list of companies they shuttle to are listed on their website. (But take a map with you showing the location of the company you want a ride to - my driver took me to the wrong company and I had to show him my map to get dropped in the correct location - a company that WAS on the list on their website.) This hotel is very close to Washington Dulles airport. From Washington National airport you can connect to the DC Metro Orange Line and take that to the last stop, Vienna/Fairfax-GMU, then it is 6.5 miles to the hotel. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the Metro, but only Monday through Friday. If you arrive on the weekend you must take a $20 taxi ride. I paid a $71.99 AAA Rate, which is a bargain in this area. I was given a jacuzzi room (but paid for only a normal room) which had a coffeemaker, microwave, big (3-foot tall) refrigerator, wired Internet, and a Sony Dream Machine radio that plays CDs and has weather radio. There was a great free breakfast 6AM-10AM, with make-your-own waffles. It is a 5 minute walk to 7-11, Wendy's, and nice restaurant Ruby Tuesdays. The hotel has a restaurant , but it is closed on Sunday. The hotel has a solarium swimming pool as well. They have one computer for use by guests in the Business Center, but it had pop-up messages on it that it was infected so I didn't use it. Aside from the little annoyances I noted, I would recommend this hotel if you are doing business at one of the companies in the area. It was the least expensive place I found with acceptable TripAdvisor ratings.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and for rating your stay. We wish you the best in all your future travels.