“Good Tex Mex!”

Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Good Tex Mex!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This has always been an all time favorite for years! I love the Chips and salsa, the Swirls and the food! You can go wrong with this place!

Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food, but noisy”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Came here for an early dinner. Although not too crowded it was very noisy and loud. Although we sat inside, they have nice outdoor seating, which would have been quieter and better for conversation. Our entrees were excellent and servers very attentive and efficient. A bit pricey, though. We tried their new table side prepared guacamole, which was ok but nothing special, being somewhat bland.

Visited April 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“I hate reviewing chain restaurants but..”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'll make an exception. I love this place.

Everything is good, from their free salsa and chips to their meals. I love their queso dip and their beef fajitas. I almost always order chicken and beef combos everywhere else but not here, chicken is a waste of space, not because it's not good, but because the beef is just that much better. I also love that their tortillas are made right there and come to your table fresh, hot and steamy. They also serve corn tortillas upon request.

Just trust me and get the beef fajitas. Order medium rare, no more than medium even if you are a "well done" type of person, just trust me.

It gets crazy packed on the weekends so make sure to call ahead and put your name down (they don't do reservations). I usually call ahead and get anywhere between 1 hour to 1 hour and 45 minutes waiting time.

• Visited June 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“So much better than other chains...”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

So tired of eating at Don Pablo's and other disappointing chains. This is an upscale version of those, but the food is good. A swirlie margarita and some gigantic nachos later, I am always a happy girl and it is a nice medium for someone like me who is not too adventurous with food, and my friends who like more traditional cuisine. Gets a bit noisy and full due to its location, and parking can be a hassle, but its worth it.

• Visited March 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Always happy at my Uncle's”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Service is always great. Food is always fresh and consistent in quality - never disappoints. Restaurant can be loud so conversations can be challenging but the meals and service are worth it. A favorite of mine for years.

Visited November 2013