SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
US$160
Residence Inn
Comfort Inn University Center(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$156
US$144
US$112
ExtendedStay
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$117
ExtendedStay
US$186
US$167
Travelocity
All reviewsparking garagefront deskliving areawafflessleeper sofafree covered parkinggeorge mason universitysleeping roomwaffle makermodern decorfree breakfastmini fridgeenglish muffinsnice areamy home away from homeindoor poolhot items
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Fairfax for one night. There is ample parking available. Not a very scenic location, but if you need to be in northern Virginia its not too bad. Not very easy access to public transit if you are heading into DC for the day.

The rooms were large and clean. Not traditional suites, as there is a small half wall that separates the bed area and the living area rather than two separate rooms. Think of it more as a large bedroom than a suite. There was a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge and microwave.

The lobby is nice. Very good continental breakfast with cereal, waffles, eggs, coffee, juice, etc. There is also a small shop next two reception that sells candy, drinks, microwavable meals, etc.

Overall, a decent choice but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I have been commuting from my home in PA to the DC area for many quarters now. After staying at hotels all over the world, the value for dollar that you get at this property is top-tier. The rooms are clean and comfortable (as you would expect from a typical Marriott property), the location is good, and most importantly, the staff is friendly and accommodating. From Abday and Parminder at the front desk, to Bryan in sales, the team in Fairfax has gone above and beyond to make my time there pleasant. In listenting to other guests chatting with employees, I can verify that my treatment is not unique.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

A great find! We were in Fairfax to see a concert at the Patriot Center and we stayed one night only, but we found this to be a perfect location just minutes away from the venue and close to restaurants and shopping. The suite was restful, tasteful and spacious as would be expected of a Marriott suite hotel, but what was unexpected was the truly friendly and personal attention of the staff. Breakfast was fine, nothing to write home about, but the coffee in the lobby was fresh morning and night. Free (indoor!) parking and WiFi. Nice pool and fitness facility. And, a very good value for the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I booked two nights. When I walked in the building I was very impressed on the decor and modern style in the lobby. The rooms although a little tight are very nice and modern as well.

Around 1030pm on the first night of the stay my ceiling began to leak water all over the couch and me. I called the front desk and they asked me if I wanted to move my room and since it was so late and my 5 yr old was asleep I declined. The front desk rep said she was going to call me back after speaking to her manager. I never received a call back that evening as promised. I went to the front desk the following morning and spoke to the front desk gentleman and he was aware of the situtation and was under the impression that the ceiling fell down in the room? Clearly a major miscommunication.

He said he couldnt offer me any discount on my room since I booked through Expedia however he offered me some snacks from the lobby. He was very caring and a total professional. He deserves major kudos on customer service and overall kindness. He actually put my daughter and I in a new room directly across the hall which was very smooth. THe new room was nice however alot of the major channels on the tv do not work. (HBO, ESPN) bummer since I was hoping to catch a big NCAA football game. I did not call and report it because its not worth it in my mind.

Overall the place is nice . Price was amazing. Great location. Decent breakfast buffett. The second front desk rep (forget his name, taller Indian/Pa kistian ?, spikey hair). Good job by him!! I am giving it a 3 1/2 star based on basic stuff. Room leaking, tv channels not working and very little internet service in the room. My IPHONE was "searching" the entire trip. Laptop took awhile to boot up.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I could not fault this hotel, it is excellent in every way. From the friendly front desk staff and manageress, to the excellent facilities and convenient parking this hotel deserves high praise. We stayed here for two weeks and found the location excellent and convenient for getting into Washington DC, as well as the local Fairfax area. There are plenty of places to eat and shop within a 5 minute drive.

Breakfast was great every day, but after two weeks we were getting a bit tired of the same thing. Waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), coffee, cereal, toast, english muffins, bagels, etc. The quality and variety were good, and the lady who attends to the breakfast was friendly and helpful.

For the 5 of us, we had 2 double beds (the double beds are quite small and you'd be pushed to fit in 2 adults), a sofa bed which sleeps 2 people and a crib. Even so, the room was a great size and the benefit of a walk in closet hides all the messy luggage.
The microwave was a great asset in heating up baby bottles, and leftover foods from restaurants. We had to buy a cheap electric kettle for boiling water, but it wasn't a big expense.
The air conditioning was brilliant, nice and cool, very powerful and kept the room at a nice temperature all night.
The bathroom is nice, with a decent size bath, and shower overhead. Water pressure and temperature were fine.
Towels were replaced each day, and housekeeping did an excellent job every day.

Parking was great, we usually parked on the lower level near the elevator as most people park on the main level so you can have a space or two either side of your vehicle on the bottom. There are 3 levels and they're serviced by an elevator which will take you to the ground floor.
All the elevators in the hotel are the Otis brand which is always a plus.

When we come back to Fairfax we won't be considering any other accommodation!

Room Tip: Being on the top floor is not so good as you have to wait a while for the elevators, even so there is a bench to sit on while you wait. I would recommend level 3 or lower, and being close to the elevators is convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family