“5-Star Service Every Stay”

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clinton, New Jersey
“5-Star Service Every Stay”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel before, but I wanted to write this review as I have stayed numerous times here. I travel extensively for business all over the world and stay at Marriott and other very nice hotels. The service of this staff is amazing! Since my first stay, the staff always remembers me and welcomes me upon my arrival. The night manager, Parminder Singh, should be the manager of a five-star property. I have never seen better customer service in my life. His staff is also very friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff is also great and always remember me when I visit. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the front desk staff always remembers my preferences. I will always come back to this hotel! Thank you Mr. Singh and thank you to your staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear AmyXS, Thank you for writing us about your stay, and we always want to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sure that when you visit again, we will provide you with the best service so that your loyalty will bring you back to our hotel. Parminder is certainley on of our best amabassadors of service, and goes out of his way to make sure all our guests are like royalty to us. We hope you have a great Holiday Season, and look forward to seeing you again, when you travel to Fairfax.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We recently visited this hotel for the second time, our first was November 2012. We came to the area for my son's birthday trip and decided to stay at Spring Hill Suites again because we had such a great experience the first time around. I had three boys with me, my 2 sons (9 & 10) and my son's friend (12). They loved the pool and the breakfast choices. The staff was just as friendly as before. We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Hello Dands611, Thank you for writing us about your experience and I am glad that you celebrated your son's birthday with us, and hope that you will make that a annual trip. We always like to see our returning guests and make sure you have a great experience. Your return shows us that you think of us when your in the Fairfax area. Please let us know if you return again, so that we can do something special for your son's birthday or other occasion. Hope to see you soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is my second opportunity to stay at this hotel (first time, July 2012) and it did not disappoint. Still a great rate, wonderful service and good to see familiar faces. Many of the people I worked with are still there. It's nice to be remembered after that length of time and considering the amount of people they saw since then. This location is close to Hwy 66 and some very good restaurants. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear KatheeG, I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel again, and we do have many of our associates from 2012 still with us, and we always like to visit with returning guests. We always strive to make a great impression on our guests, and the fact that you returned, show us, that we did make a connection, and hope that you will return again in the near future. Please let us know when you return, so that we can connect again.

Boardman, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Clean, comfortable, spacious, excellent staff, affordable! My husband and I stayed at this location while traveling and we loved it. Conveniently located & highly recommended! Manager was extremely pleasant and knows all his guests' names and faces!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Mandy T, Thank you for letting us know that you had a great stay, and we try to make sure that all our guests experience is a good one, and we are convenient to the DC Metro area, as well as many shopping centers. If you are returning to our area, I hope that we will have the opportunity to visit with you, and I have passed on your comments about our Front Desk service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

When looking for this hotel, it was given good reviews by others so I figured I would try it. Was a great place overall and the bed was soooo comfy! I was a bit disappointed by the breakfast but discovered a love of nutella (is an offering with the jams/spreads on site). Was hopping for waffle bar but what they did have was decent overall considering. Location was central to a lot of areas for food and shopping and I ended up going to 2 DSW's in the area (and making purchases at each). I would definitely stay again as the staff were very nice and helpful. Once or twice they may have been a bit too cheerful but I appreciated their efforts toward service excellence. One downside out of the hotel's control is the traffic in the area...please be sure to be strategic as you travel throughout the day to get around, especially related to the evening rush hour. Otherwise, a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear caminkins99, On behalf of the staff of the SpringHill Suites, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, and glad that you found Nutella on our Breakfast bar. Nutella is a new offering on our breakfast with other jams, jellies, nuts, fruits, and deli ham and cheese. It seems that you had a great eperience shopping in the Fairfax area, and we are very close to the Fair Oaks Mall also. I hope that you will return to our hotel again in your travels, and thanks for staying with us.

Geeral Manager
Fairfax
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you want to watch television this place sucks. The entire visit (and I'm sitting in my room RIGHT NOW) the television stations kept getting "stuck', as in the picture on the television would stop, stay that way sometimes for several minutes! This happened especially on certain channels. Morning shows, talk shows, news, etc. This happened the last visit here many months ago, too. I thought this was fixed. No one seems to be interested in getting this cable problem fixed.
Breakfast was a joke. Went down at the stroke of 6:30 a.m. to avoid tour bus crowds later and there were shriveled strawberries and sparse items as if it were the END of breakfast and they were running low on items.
Not my first choice of hotel when in the area, that's for sure.
Also, the two reddish-brown stains on the curtain should be cleaned. Disgusting, especially when I use my imagination of what it could be.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Jen S, We appreciate your comments and I apologize for the problems you had with the TV channels, and the breakfast offerings. I would hope that you would contact us directly so that we can get more information and ask that you will allow us to show you that we have working cable stations. We recently switched our internet service, and this might have had some impact on your viewing the stations. We take all problems very seriously, and hope that if you are in our area again, you will let us know, so that we can upgrade your suite and give us a change to redeem ourselves. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed in August to visit GMU, DC and NRA HQ/National Firearms Museum. This hotel has a great location near stores. Our rooms were equipped with refri, the breakfast was good.

We didn't have any problems as Gao at the front desk and the other staff took care of anything we needed. Gao took special care of us all.

We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Padua1, What a great comment on Gao, and her great service during your stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback, and we are very close to the Fair Oaks Mall, and many speciality restaurants as well. We are a new hotel, and always strive to make sure that our guests have a great experience, and will come back to see us. We would look forward to seeing you again soon.