“Fantastic Little Sandwich Shop”

Bernie's Delicatessen
Ranked #89 of 450 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped by Bernies for a quick lunch while heading out of Fairfax, based on a recommendation and it did not disappoint.

To echo the thoughts of the other reviewers, the sandwiches are fantastic and piled high with whatever you ordered.

I tried the Summer Special which was their traditional BLT topped with their carved Turkey Breast. It was served and just plain white toast and was amazing. The turkey was moist and flavorful and bacon was crisp and savory.

My girlfriend tried the Little Italy which was loaded with mozzarella, tomato and pesto. It was served on their baguette which was one of the better sandwich breads I have ever had.

The food was served up quickly and the staff were all very nice.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I come here as much as possible, I love their BLTs the most. They have great sides and desserts as well. Really good food and atmosphere I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great sandwiches, like a New York Deli. Portions are good size, meats are flavorful, good quality breads. Sides are really better than any other deli in the northern Virginia area. Casual eating and quick service.

1  Thank fpk2
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you are in area, this deli is a great stop. This was our first visit and we had the Reuben sandwich and the French dip special. Both were delicious! This is not a fancy place, just good basic deli food. We'll go back.

1  Thank DonnainSpringfield
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Such a cute little unassuming place. I feel that they must cater to the GMU students as they are across the road from the college. We had the Reuben - ask for extra sauerkraut and the Italian cold cut. Both were very good. We also had to order the Cream Cheese with Green Olive sandwich. You never see that on a menu. It was on pumpernickel and it was wonderful. So retro. I like Bernie's because it is not a chain and it seems to be a perfect place to stop in for a nosh and to bring friends for an easy meal. We will be back.

1  Thank LetsGoNowOK