“Great Indian Vegetarian food”
Review of Saravana Palace

Saravana Palace
Ranked #98 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gainesville, Virginia
“Great Indian Vegetarian food”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been to many Indian restaurants in the area but this place is great for vegetarians. Lunch buffet has many choices or you have the option to order from the menu too. Weekends to get crowded which speaks to the quality.

• Visited July 2013

Springfield, Virginia
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I love this place-the food is always delicious and the staff is attentive and courteous. We usually go for the lunch buffet but we went for dinner and ordered a selection from the menu. This is a vegetarian restaurant, but you won't miss the meat! The Chana Batura is a favorite as is the Palak Panir (spinach and cheese). If you need help ordering the staff always has suggestions. And if you like mango, definitely have a glass of mango lasse. It tastes like dessert to me.

• Visited August 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent veg. Food With Courteous Service !”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We had been here last week with family and friends ! Masala Dosa and Chenna Batura were good. Top of it the filter coffee was excellent ! The staff were courteous ! We felt real value for money ! Dr.K.Sundar, Dubai.

• Visited July 2013
Washington, DC
“Saravana used to be good”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We've been going here since they opened, and even had them cater a couple of parties.

The food used to be excellent! The catering was perfect - we asked for the food to be made with little salt and not too spicy hot, and they delivered wonderfully flavorful food!

The last few visits there have been disappointing, though. The food in the weekend lunch buffet, which is usually when we get there, hasn't seemed fresh. Too often, it is way too spicy hot - to the point where you taste the peppers and other spices and not whatever vegetable you're eating.

I hope they get back to what they used to do - which is make delicious vegetarian South Indian food!

The service is excellent when the boss is there, but I have heard others comment that service has lacked when he isn't there. I haven't experienced that personally.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Terrible food, I want to recall my 2 year old review ..!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I wrote a review of this place in Sept. 2011 based on several visits to this place and satisfaction by all the people who were with me. Recently I visited this place once in January 2013 and yesterday in April 2013. Both of these experiences have been very bad with respect to quality of food, cleanliness of the place and the taste. I would rate this place as the lowest in any of my ratings of Indian Vegetarian restaurants ever. I am just disappointed so are the guests whom I took to this place who came from India. Not sure what is going on, first the Idli's were cold and rock hard, the Vadas were alright but had no taste whatsoever, the dosas were not upto the mark, the sambar too thick, the Dahi Vada was hard inside and size was that of combining may be 3 vadas together, the bisi bele bath did not have any taste and the Dahi rice had no taste either. The only thing that was eatable was the Gulab Jamun, the dessert at this place. I am just sad and disappointed of what has gone wrong at this restaurant. I have no intention to either visit or to take any more quests to this place.

• Visited April 2013