“This is the place in Fairfax!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
New York City, New York
“This is the place in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I travel for business as a Sales VP and work all across Maryland and Virginia. This hotel is my first choice for the Fairfax, VA area. This Hilton Garden Inn is extremely clean, has spacious rooms, a fantastic restaurant and a great nice team of hotel staff. I got into the hotel late just before 10pm and I was still able to have a great dinner! The business center had everything I needed. When I was rushing out to get to my 8:30am meeting in Falls Church the staff person at the front desk guided me to avoid certain roads and actually took the time to draw a map for me. Without his help I never would have made it to that meeting on time. That was very helpful and above and beyond! Thanks again!

Now when I travel to Fairfax, VA this hotel is my first pick!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We really enjoyed our time here! The staff has great customer service skills! The breakfast was great but if you don't eat pork then maybe u should plan accordly. The indoor pool is small but was great since it was inside during this time of cold weather. Our room was cozy but near the elevator which made a lot of noise but not to bad. I loved the shower and the room was soooo cute, perfect for two people. The staff were very attentive and helped out in anyway they could. The drive to DC wasn't that bad except the tolls which were $.75 & $1.50, which we were not prepared for and received a ticket at one toll due to no money and they do not except ATM or credit cards. Over all the review for this hotel was great I would visit this location anytime I'm n the area. There is also another hotel by the name of Aloft that shares the lot and a gas station, this is a up and coming area!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nikkinicole704
Arnprior, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We came for a Christian Conference, from the check-in to departure the staff are super, great indoor pool. When we wanted directions to various attractions around DC the staff would print out directions. The attitude was supreme. Starbucks free coffee in the lobby. Free internet wi-fi or dsl.

Room Tip: There all good. A supermarket across the way if you want something for your room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I've stayed here several times over the last few years, and the staff at this property is consistently excellent! The front desk staff remembers me each time I come and always with a genuine smile. They really do welcome you back! The General Manager is frequently seen on property and a laminated paper in the room provides his email, and even his cell number should a issue arise. My king-sized room had the HGI comfy beds that adjust, and was well covered for this cold mid-January week I was staying there. The TV is flat panel, and sits in a cabinet above the dresser-drawers. Not a huge thing, but doesn't swivel around enough to be viewed if you are sitting at the desk using your laptop. Since the hotel had complimentary wireless, I often sat in the chair, propped up my feet on the separate foot cushion and watched the TV from there. Lots of TV channels to choose from. There is a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker located in the same area near the doorway. The bath was typical of HGI, and the towels are large which is nice. Since I have Diamond status, I was offered complimentary breakfast vouchers (excludes gratuity) in the on-site restaurant. The breakfast buffet is nice, and the servers attentive. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, and has a bar area as well. The location is very good if you are doing business in the Fairfax area, conveniently located off of Highway 50, and there is a nearby mall (although not walking distance). A mini-strip shopping center is across the street which has a Subway and a couple restaurants, plus a Harris Teater grocery store. Consistently a great property!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Oldenburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax is a good bussiness hotel what I can recommend.
It is not fare from the IAD but also it is a short trip to Tysons Corner or to Alexandria.
The price-value-ratio is good and much better than in most of the other hotels next to D.C.
The rooms are clean and you can ask for a room on a higher floor opposite to the highway.
The hotel has a nice patio and a typical (but not bad) hilton garden inn restaurant.

Room Tip: Alndside room on a higher floor would be the best.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I just checked into the Hilton Garden Inn, Fairfax, Va.After my last experience in Fairfax I was so afraid of staying in hotels period. This has got to be the Best!! It is a beautiful hotel. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The entrance, the elevator, the hallway was so clean and refreshing. My room was just so clean, so pleasant. Decor beautiful. I know that i am going to get a good nights sleep. I have no fears. I am so relaxed. Dining is good as well. Thank You Mr. Steve Steinberg GM. Your hotel reflex great management!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gladeiola1
Near Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here over a weekend while visiting family. The manager always seemed to be there whether we were coming in or going out, and greeted us personally--really made us feel welcome! The hotel is very clean and up to date, and offers many services and amenities such as free Internet in the room, complimentary cookies and coffee, and a competitively priced breakfast buffet. The beds were fairly firm, but we slept well. There are 5 major shopping areas within 5-10 minutes, with many attractive eating places across the price spectrum, in addition to the restaurant and friendly bar in the hotel. We received a very good rate through Priceline, but the hotel online rate was only a little higher. Of the 3 or 4 top rated hotels in the general area, this is our favorite and where we will stay again.

Room Tip: We had a King; the entire hotel is non-smoking. The hotel is in a quiet area! But we did hear other...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family