“Great stay at Christmas”

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Visiting family in Fairfax we stayed here for two nights as the family home was packed full.

The best part of this hotel is that it is right off of rt 50 and near Fairfax County Pkwy.

The room was very large and the bed seemed very new.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub which was a treat for it being late Dec.

There is a restaurant onsite and a bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This HGI is fantastic! I loved everything but the food. The chef screwed up EGGS, every time I ordered them- three days in a row. The last day I gave up and had oatmeal. The customer service is wonderful, which largely made up for the food shortcomings, but the last night I was there, I walked across to the Subway and got a sandwich. I was told that the chef was new, but... Anyway. I generally enjoyed my stay and the staff gave excellent customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel room was very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. However, the breakfast buffet was not a good deal for the price. I feel a contental breakfast should be included in a hotel of this stature.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girlfriend and I made a last minute weekend vacation to Washington DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival. We booked directly through the Hilton Garden Inn and it was a very smooth transaction. The hotel and room were awesome. Everything was very clean and quite. The rooms were very spacious with a microwave and refrigerator. The hot tub and pool area was very nice and quite as well for a weekend. There was a large mall about .75 of a mile back towards 66 with plenty of places to eat and shop. 66 is about a mile away which makes it very accessible to Washington DC. I highly recommend driving to the Vienna Metro Station as the Free hotel shuttle only has two times to drop off and pick up. Excellent stay and very close to everything around Washington DC area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My colleague and I came in out of town to attend a 2 day training. Everything about the room was great. It was a spacious 2 double bed room. The decor, clealiness, size, and amenities were all great. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was attending a seminar on March 19. I was in unfamiliar territory and my GPS wanted me to take the beltway at 06:00 am(a very bad time to do that). I phoned the hotel ,Harriet googled the directions.
I reached the hotel within 15 minuets with her directions and without the use of the beltway. I phoned near change of shift (no one really wants to be bothered at this time). Harriet, was pleasant and she didn't rush me. I wasn't staying there and she especially didn't have to take the time to goggle. I am a Hiltons vacation club member (which I didn't share) so now I have more Faith in their product. This isn't an advertisement it's just the fact from a frightened time constrained seminar attendee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We forgot a piece of our luggage at the lobby after we checked out. We didn't realize that until we got home. When I called the front desk, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they had our luggage and were holding it for us. I was able to make arrangements for someone to pick it up. All the contents were there. I appreciate the honesty and customer care at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family