“Great Experience”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We eat breakfast at Chutzpah ever couple of months. It's a good value. And the food is tasty. I always have the veggie omelette. It is a relatively small place, and when we arrived this morning all the tables were occupied. The place had just filled up. It was 9:00 am. The owner noticed that we were waiting, and asked a family that was seated to used expandable table, thus freeing up a table so we could be seated. It was very considerate of him.

It is an authentic New York deli. They sell a variety of deli take home item. We often purchase the fresh herring to take home. Alway good.

We have never eaten there for lunch, but we definitely enjoy the breakfasts at Chutzpah and think you will too.

1  Thank VTechFan

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I really wanted to love this place...my friends rave about it and the menu has all the good stuff you get at a Jewish deli in New York or Philly. On a Tuesday at 1 PM, the small room was crowded. My waitress, Crystal "with-a -Y" was efficient but far from friendly. The one pickle and coleslaw everyone gets were pretty good but long gone by time my sandwich arrived. I had ordered corned beef and pastrami on rye, but the cook was pretty skimpy with the meat considering the $10.95 price tag. The fresh rye bread was outstanding but alas the meat was dry. So, while there are a few high points, even considering that this is the best deli of its kind in NoVA, I'll would not go very far out of my way to eat here again. There are a lot of other choices in the area which give you a better bang for the buck.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

It is pretty sterile for a deli, having none of the atmosphere. The menu is huge and tough to navigate. When you have to dig thru 4 of 10 pages to find a Reuben, that isn't a deli. That said, the food is pretty good. The pickel/cole slaw appetizer is a nice touch. All the portions are very large; drinks, sandwiches and sides. My French dip was served with fresh horseradish, a nice touch. The fries were fresh and well spiced.
Two lunches with drinks came to $30, so the lunch wasn't cheap. But the food was well above average. So I would give it a strong recommendation.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Found this place on line. Their menu is good reading, with several funny spots (don't ask for mayo). The food portions are huge. There are many different sandwiches to choose from, as well as other platters. The restaurant is decorated with New York memorabilia. The soup was good, what my own Mother would call "Jewish Penicillin."

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a couple of trays delivered for Chanukah...Was disappointed, Their presentation was poor and the quality was just average. They had no appeal... The food was thrown on the trays with no presentation. I have worked in the deli industry and done trays. I would never have put out trays like that. We had a mis in communication on the dessert tray and basically I was told too bad. Eating in may be good but catering is not. The owner also told me his manager made the trays and delivered them.. Not Good!