“Relaxing place to eat”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Lovely, quiet neighborhood restaurant in the Fair Lakes shopping center. Parked right at the door. Wonderful food, fairly priced, great service. We enjoyed chicken with snow peas, shrimp fried rice, vegetable spring rolls and hot tea. Couldn't have asked for a nice evening out.

There are newer reviews for Star Thai

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I love Thai food, visited all places in Auckland, Star Thai was on my list as well.

I booked the table for 10 people to celebrate my Birthday party. Called them twice to confirm. Spoke to woman who never called me back, then left a message on the answer machine. Anyway,when I arrived they told me that my table's gone to other group. They even told my guests who arrived earlier that there was no reservation under my name, so they left before I arrived.
End up with all my nicely dressed guests standing outside under the rain on Friday night.

Later on I spoke to other people who visited that place and all of them had issues like terrible service, awuful food. Once a couple booked a particular table to celebrate their anniversary. They came 20 minutes late and they end up sitting next to the toilet because their table was given to others.

Terrible and completely unacceptable behavior of the management. I would never ever recommend this place. I have worked in high end NZ hospitality for the last 5 years and even in my nightmare i could not imagine that it can happen anywhere in NZ.
I will repeat myself, Terrible and completely unacceptable behavior of the management!

Go to Nikkies or Thai Friends instead. The best food and 5 star customer serviceI

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've driven by this restaurant many times and wondered what it was like inside. It's next to a Subway and is in a little strip of small eateries. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered to find that the restaurant is larger and has much better decor and ambience than I expected. And the food is wonderful. Probably some of the best Thai food that I've had in the Northern Virginia area. The service was pleasant and friendly and the entire experience was really great.

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Star Thai is a very unassuming restaurant, hardly noticeable at Fair Lakes Shopping Center BUT... the food is excellent. Simple dishes, with simple ingredients, that taste phenomenal. Great flavor and as hot or as mild as you want it. I would highly recommend it and the noodle dishes and chicken fried rice are excellent for kids.

Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

The "fresh rolls" were not very fresh tasting. The wrapper was dry and stale and it contained mostly cabbage, a strip of cucumber and a strip of cubed sausage that tasted like salami. The most offensive part was the plum sauce covering it. A viscous, slimy, nearly tasteless sauce. An unappetising appie. This was followed by the red curry with chicken. Too sweet, lumpy with peanuts that should have been more ground, and not nearly spicy enough. The portion was embarrassingly small for the more than $8. Overall, a disappointing, expensive lunch.