“small over priced portions”
Review of Star Thai - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Fairfax, Virginia
“small over priced portions”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Well the food was really good but the portions were really small and overpriced. The waiters were really bad and inattentive. I had to keep asking for utensils and more water. They never came back to check on us once they finally took our order. There are far to many Thai places in town that act like they want your business and are even better tasting food and value.

Visited June 2013

Virginia
“CLOSED”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We liked it when it was there, but, alas, this restaurant has closed. There is no information on a new location.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RonRonRon
Haymarket, Virginia
“Relaxing place to eat”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Lovely, quiet neighborhood restaurant in the Fair Lakes shopping center. Parked right at the door. Wonderful food, fairly priced, great service. We enjoyed chicken with snow peas, shrimp fried rice, vegetable spring rolls and hot tea. Couldn't have asked for a nice evening out.

• Visited January 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“NEVER EVER GO THERE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I love Thai food, visited all places in Auckland, Star Thai was on my list as well.

I booked the table for 10 people to celebrate my Birthday party. Called them twice to confirm. Spoke to woman who never called me back, then left a message on the answer machine. Anyway,when I arrived they told me that my table's gone to other group. They even told my guests who arrived earlier that there was no reservation under my name, so they left before I arrived.
End up with all my nicely dressed guests standing outside under the rain on Friday night.

Later on I spoke to other people who visited that place and all of them had issues like terrible service, awuful food. Once a couple booked a particular table to celebrate their anniversary. They came 20 minutes late and they end up sitting next to the toilet because their table was given to others.

Terrible and completely unacceptable behavior of the management. I would never ever recommend this place. I have worked in high end NZ hospitality for the last 5 years and even in my nightmare i could not imagine that it can happen anywhere in NZ.
I will repeat myself, Terrible and completely unacceptable behavior of the management!

Go to Nikkies or Thai Friends instead. The best food and 5 star customer serviceI

• Visited May 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Unexpected Pleasure”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've driven by this restaurant many times and wondered what it was like inside. It's next to a Subway and is in a little strip of small eateries. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered to find that the restaurant is larger and has much better decor and ambience than I expected. And the food is wonderful. Probably some of the best Thai food that I've had in the Northern Virginia area. The service was pleasant and friendly and the entire experience was really great.

• Visited February 2013