“Best ice cream in town”

Sugar Mama's Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Fairfax
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We live only a few miles down the road from Sugar Mama's but it's a good thing we're not any closer, we would be going there every week, it is that delicious! I'm usually not a big ice cream fan, but this is the only ice cream place I will actually drive out of the way to enjoy some ice cream. My personal favorites are the espresso chocolate chip and the coconut ice cream. The portions are humongous and the prices are actually a really great deal. The friendly staff and homey feel of the restaurant makes me feel like I've landed back in my hometown in the Midwest. Check it out!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Coconut chocolate crunch, try it!!! I took my husband who loves ice cream and the grandkids out to try the new ice cream shop for Father's Day. They all loved it! Be forewarned --the scoops are gigantic!! Great value for the price! Even my teenager barely finished his two scoops. For my little 4 year old, they have mini scoops, which were just the right size for him. The mini scoops are also great if you can't make up your mind which of the wonderful flavors you want, you can get a mini scoop of each flavor!!! If you are a chocoholic, try the bittersweet chocolate, heavenly deep dark chocolate flavor with bits of chocolate in the rich ice cream. My grandkids made me bring them back a week later, didn't take much urging!! Great ice cream and wonderful folks working there!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Some of the best flavors I've seen at an ice cream place (apple pie, coconut chocolate crunch, white chocolate raspberry to name a few). Very cool chalkboard for kids to play on, and such a friendly, local crew! I would definitely drive out of my way to come back here!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We discovered this ice cream store a week ago, it is in a corner plaza. Nice place and nice people, Limited seating. The ice cream is high quality. They don't actually make the ice cream themselves but obtain from a local supplier. Most likely it is same supplier that services area restaurants. In any event it is excellent.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Great ice cream. Friendly service and nice decor. I highly recommend stopping there. We found it near our hotel while visiting our daughter at GMU and will be sure to return on future trips to Fairfax.