“All Around Excellence”

Bellissimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 429 Restaurants in Fairfax
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a chef- owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch Tuesdays-Fridays and dinner every day of the week! We can accommodate private parties of up to 65 people, and can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts. See you soon!
Reviewed 10 September 2013

While visiting Fairfax I wanted to take friends out for a pleasant evening an our experience at Bellissimo was most pleasant. The ambiance is relaxing with muted opera arias in the background, the service was outstanding with a waiter very informative about specials and accommodating to requests. Each salad and entree was attractively plated and very tasty. The variety of the specials offered added substantial interest to the standard menu. The overall quality for the evening was excellent. One recommendation for improvement-- the wine list is very limited and pricey. A greater variety do choices should be available.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Really enjoyed our first visit! We went for a special occasion and was not disappointed - appreciate the many reviews as they helped our decision. My wife had the house salad with goat cheese - fresh throughout and not overloaded with dressing. I had the mushroom soup that deserved the many accolades.

Entrees were the meat ravioli and the red snapper - well prepared, seasoned appropriately.

A fine evening - we will definitely return!

1  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have been going to Bellissimo numbers of time and have never been disappointed with our dining experience. Last night, my wife and I had one of the best meals, with fine service and with a romantic ambiance. I started with a muscle/escargot appetizer in a buttery, well seasoned sauce to die for followed by an entree of assorted seafood in a beautifully matched rich sauce over pasta, one of the evening's specials...superb! Our portions were so generous that dessert was out of the question this time.

Though on the pricey side, the dinner, service, and dining environment were well worth it.

2  Thank Dareg10
Reviewed 9 June 2013

After driving by this place several times, we decided to wander in for an early Sunday dinner. So glad we did! The food was outstanding and the service was warm and efficient. The special spinach salad with fresh fennel, walnuts and a simple lemon dressing signaled the kitchen knows how to showcase ingredients. The special halibut with artichokes and tomatoes lightly sauced was one of the finest seafood dishes I've had anywhere. My teens thoroughly enjoyed their pasta dishes, which were both ample and delicious. Even without the lovely murals of Venice, the dining room, with its formal white tablecloths and draperies, reminded us of our travels in Italy. Bellissimo? Indeed.

2  Thank mcramba
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The staff argues too much, right in the open dining area in front of patrons.

"No cinnamon on the cappuccino, I told you, no cinnamon!", for example.

I had perfect linguini with lobster, scallops and shrimp in a wonderful pink sauce that took me back to Italy.

The ambiance is very nice, and somewhat formal.

The house cabernet was very full bodied and complex.

1  Thank IntrepidFromDC