“Great view and filling burgers”
Review of Bull and Bones Rivercourse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bull and Bones Rivercourse
Cuisines: American
Tyler, Texas
“Great view and filling burgers”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I love a restaurant that has flights of beer, what can I say? Their flight consists of 6 4-oz glasses of Bull & Bones Brewhaus beers. One was an IPA which I don't like, but the other five were good to great. My two favorites were the Maroon Effect Ale and the St. Maeve's Stout. Other than the IPA, I would be happy ordering any of the other five beers. One person in our party got the Crab Bisque. It had a wonderful flavor, very thick and creamy. The four of us had the Pork BBQ Sandwich, the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (made with ribeye steak), The Green Street (a portabella mushroom burger) and the Pepper Jack Burger. All the sandwiches were good sized with the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich being very large. The fries served with the sandwiches were generously portioned. I loved the sweet potato fries. None of us had room left for dessert so I can't comment about that.

• Visited May 2014

New River Valley of Virginia US
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food/great river view”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Food quality and service is reliably good. I took out-of-town friends who enjoyed the views and rated the barbecue plate highly. A relaxed, reasonably priced meal in a comfortable environment.

Visited March 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Beautiful views and great food!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very friendly staff and good at keeping the glasses filled. The views are fabulous. The food is excellent, and they brew their own beer so some great brews to sample!

Visited June 2013
Pulaski,VA
“A disapointment”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

There were four of us for dinner and not one of us left feeling pleased with the evening.The service was painfully slow, the drinks were made incorrectly, the food was the biggest let down, it seemed flavorless and well a bit less than avereage. We had heard so many great reviews about Bull and Bones in Blacksburg but the Rivercourse was just a major let down and too $$ for the quality and service. I would not be able to recommend this location with a clear conscience

Visited November 2012
Virginia
“Disappointing to say the least!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

For a Saturday night,some of their menu items were not available,majority of table had to reorder main course.! This just seems totally unacceptable for the restaurant business!They weren't that busy to be low on steaks...this should affect their overall I image..I realize their main location is located in Blacksburg but this location is at the River Course Club House in Fairlawn?? Hopefully for their success,this doesn,t happen often......

• Visited March 2013