This place has two separate menus. The American style Chinese with your typical lo mein, beef with broccoli, sweet and sour chicken, etc. AND the authentic Szechuan menu.
If Beef w/Broccoli and the like is your thing, you will not be disappointed. The Americanized Chinese here is the best I’ve had in the area. I’ve tried about half a dozen of the dishes and have been very impressed. When you want hot and sour soup – my favorite cold remedy – this is the place to go.
However, the real reason to come here is the authentic Szechuan menu. We’ve tried many different dishes and have the following list of favorites:
* Chengdu Zhong Spring Dumplings - Nice little spicy dumplings from the appetizer section.
* Yang Zhou Fried Rice – different from the usual fried rice in that this doesn’t have soy sauce. What it does have is house-made bacon, nice-sized shrimp, and so much flavor!
* Stuffed Pepper Chicken – I don’t know the Chinese name for this dish. It is not listed on the printed menu, though I am told that it is written on the specials wall in Chinese. It is little bits of fried chicken with dried peppers stuffed with a sesame seed mixture. Delicious (and pretty spicy)! I prefer to eat only the stuffed peppers and not the plain dried peppers that come with this. You’ll see what I mean when you order this.
* Chendgu Salt & Pepper Jumbo Shrimp – A little sweet, a little salty, and so incredibly tender and flavorful. These are deep fried. A good dish for those who are less fond of the fiery heat.
* Cumin Lamb – Nice slices of tender lamb with mild chile peppers and onions. There is also a fish version and a rib version of this dish available, but the lamb is our favorite.
The service is here is good. The waiters are happy to help you pick out dishes. Their English isn’t always the best, but it is good enough.
As it turns out, this place delivers. However, we were beyond disappointed by the experience – to the point of infuriated. It took over 2 hours for our order to arrive. We won’t try that again.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.