“Very nice hotel, in a great location”

TownePlace Suites Falls Church
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent a weekend here because it was very close to family and the weekend rate was very good. We immediately liked the setting which has trees and ample parking. It is in walking distance to a market and a few restaurants (which didn’t show up on an on-line search of what was around there). The room was petite but spotless. It had a full kitchen which included cooking utensils. The queen bed was comfortable (they don’t have kings) but a little small for us. There was something homey about this place. The breakfast room is extremely small so we chose to bring the small tray provided and go down and get a little breakfast to have upstairs at the little table which worked well for this use. We liked the property but because of the smaller bed, we may choose to stay elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: We chose a room overlooking the parking lot - less street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bargainhuntress
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad we could accommodate your needs especially at a good price-point for your budget. We truly take pride in being an all suite hotel - allowing our guests and even their pets to experience an enjoyable stay that feels like home. I appreciate the feedback about the local area internet search as we will assist to get more information readily available to keep our guests better informed. Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It was an excellet stay at the Falls Church Town Place Suites Very accommodating; clean rooms; awesome breakfast in the morning. Very convenient to my sister's home.

I definetely will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Valerie for your review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would definitely choose to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Since we have family nearby we stay here frequently during the year. Hotel has recently renovated and updated the property. Rooms are super clean and modern with flat screen TV's and wifi in room. We rarely hear noise from other rooms. The staff is courteous and friendly and eager to help with any problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Hillwood avenue. Nightclub on Hillwood.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Laurie for your valuable feedback! I am so glad that you choose to stay with us when visiting family in the area and that we deliver great customer service which keeps you coming back! I look forward to you staying with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My party of 3 stayed at this facility for 1 night. We used the 2 bedroom suite and found it to be more than satisfactory for our needs. The building is older, but well kept up. We appreciated the space involved in having the 2 bedrooms, plus the common area. The staff was extremely accomodating and helpful with all our needs. We received clear directions to a Metro parking area, and were able to enjoy our day in DC as we hoped. The breakfast room is very tiny, so I would recommend taking the tray from your room with you when you go for breakfast. This makes it easier to bring your breakfast back to your room if necessary. The breakfast is fairly basic, but certainly adequate to get a start in the morning. We felt that the hotel was quite a good value.

1  Thank Lorraine J

Thank you Lorraine for your valuable feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with experiencing added convenience from your two bedroom suite and great customer service from our staff! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had made a reservation using Marriott rewards points for May 15 for one night. I called on April 26 to find out how much cash I would need for incidentals since my room was already paid for. I like to be prepared for my trip ahead of time especially since I would have been traveling alone four hours away from home.

I was told that they DO NOT accept cash for incidentals and only take credit cards. I have worked in the hotel industry for ten years (including a Marriott hotel) and this was the first time that I have ever heard of such a thing. The gentleman on the phone was very rude and not helpful at all after I explained to him that I do not own a credit card.

I hung up the phone and promptly cancelled my reservation. I reserved another room at a Courtyard Marriott after calling them first to make sure they would take cash. This does not make sense to me because both hotels are owned by the same company. I am happy that I had the fore thought to call the hotel weeks before my arrival date. That would have been a nasty surprise if I had not done so. I will never think about staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TMF1986
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear valued guest,

I would like to take a moment to apologize to you, in that, you feel the gentleman at the front desk was rude and not helpful to you. It is my expectation that every guest, whether they stayed at the hotel or not, is treated with the utmost respect and consideration. I am happy to hear that the Courtyard was able to accommodate your needs. If you require further assistance or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would be happy to assist you or explain any questions you have to a level of your satisfaction.

Warm Regards,

Darren.walker@marriott.com

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel staff - from front desk to housekeeping - are all extremely helpful and courteous. It is obvious as a guest that the entire team works together and pitches in. They are accommodating and well versed in the resources around the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located, and well-suited for functional / not luxurious business travel. Rooms were clean, but the tub looked a bit tired.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lynne H

Thank you Lynne for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with experiencing great customer service from all our staff. Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay near Washington D.C., everything is clean, continental breakfast, quite neighborhood!! Upon check-in the staff did everything in their power to accommodate us. They are friendly and courteous! The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room on second floor are quieter
1  Thank Mariano E
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback Mariano on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate guests, like yourself, that choose to stay with us among other choices in the area. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!