“Clean and functional” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Clean and functional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed four nights here. It certainly could use some updating. The carpets were a bit tatty and the dresser drawer was broken. However, it did have a micro and fridge and the bed was clean and comfortable. It had a very good shower although the bathroom was a bit cramped. The advantage was the price of a room as compared to DC. area and with free WIFi. There was a Panera Bread across the street which we enjoyed for breakfast. Overall it was clean and functional and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank ClamTom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I reserved two rooms at the Inns of Virigina Falls Church to attend a funeral in town and was given two room confirmation numbers over the phone. When I arrived the person at the desk had a difficult time helping me and finding my confirmation numbers in the computer system. He even printed out a list of all the guests who were supposed to check in that day and handed it to me to pick out my name - very unprofessional.

Finally, when he found my number there was a "computer error" and the days of the week changed in their computer instead of arriving on a Wednesday the had my family and I booked to come in on that Saturday - it was the most bizarre thing I ever heard. When it came down to it the hotel only had one room for us and when I mentioned that was unacceptable I asked if there were other hotels they could recommend the manager mentioned two on Route 50, but did not aid me in securing other reservations.

Finally when my family and I decided to cancel the reservation due to the poor treatment we received I asked if I could have the cancelation in writing. I was told by the manager that that was impossible, but he could send me an email. Since my family and I were without a room and wireless internet, I asked if he could print out the email. So I would have something in hand. He did.

Prior to the manager printing out the cancelation confirmation he something to the effect of why didn't I get an email confirmation and I replied that it was never offered to me any of the three times I contacted his hotel staff when making an confirming my reservations.

Completely unrecommended due to extremely bad customer service.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MOlibrarian29
maddynmel, Front Office Manager at Inns of Virginia - Falls Church, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
I would like to respond to this review by saying that "the days of the week" don't just change in our computer system. There really is nothing bazarre about making an error and booking for the wrong day. The reason that the clerk could not find their reservation for the day that they arrived was because they were not there on the day they made the reservation for. This was not our fault at all. Surely if this customer really called for a confirmation three times, if it was the wrong date she would have mentioned to someone that the date needed to be changed. When someone makes a reservation on the phone which this customer did, they are asked if they would like an email confirmation. This customer declined. The day the customer arrived (not the correct day) the hotel was 100% booked and there was only one room available to offer them. They were angry and went outside and never gave the manager the opportunity to truly help them find other accomodations. We have another location that is approximately 5 miles away that had rooms available.

This customer never stayed at our hotel and therefore should not be allowed to damage our reputation because they (the customer) made an "honest" mistake. We were just awarded a Certificate of Excellence for the year 2011 by Trip Advisor. Our hotel staff works very diligently to make sure that customers are treated professionally and with courtesy. Our customers are what keeps us in business and it would be rather unproductive to not provide quality service to them. This customer is obviously upset and I would just like to apologize for her unfotutunate experience and what she perceived to be the hotels fault.

Travellers are raving about these Falls Church hotels

Coram, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is not a five star property so put that out of your mind. Its a small little hotel, a bit older but clean. Its location to downtown DC is why they charge a little more. Its on a main highway and takes about 25 minutes by car to get downtown. I needed to book it in a pinch and it was fine for my needs which was a place to sleep for the night. The highlight is the brewpub across the street. The Mad Fox is an excellent dining choice and should not be missed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alcool17
Ames, Ia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The location is very good, right in the middle of Falls Church. It also has free high-speed internet and a refrigerator (it was very hot when I was there). The rooms are dark with only a small window and a desk. In the rooms with double beds there is not much space to move around in.

However, the room was clean and everything worked. They also had power strip plugs for getting all one's electronics charged up. The breakfast was basic, but there is a Starbucks across the street. Parking is free as well.

The neighborhood has many nice small restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jdiowa
Millau
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Excellent bedroom and very clean. Reception area could really do with an update. Brew Pub just opposite is great for dinner.

1 Thank HelenMillau_France
Atwater, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed from 6/15-6/22 2011. For $100.00/ night a real value, especially if you are not in the DC area to just sit in the room. Neat, clean with exceptional service. Coffee, orange juice and muffins/sweet rolls in the AM. If you want a pool, large front desk area and complete breakfast, this is not the place for you and you'll need to pay about $100 more to get them. Quiet, good mattress, great maid service and a general manager who really cares about you and your stay. Highly recommend if you are in the area for business or a tourist. Bus across the street for $1.70 to the METRO station and for a few dollars more you are in DC>

Room Tip: Stayed in 207 and it was neat and CLEAN!
1 Thank blueii
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

This hotel had only one attribute: it's location. Other than that it was awful. The whole building looks old and worn. The one small elevator creaks in use. The hallways are so narrow that my daughter and I (both slim) could not walk side by side with our luggage. The non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. The refrigerator made such a loud squeaking noise that we had to unplug it. The bathroom had absolutely no counter space. We couldn't even put things on the toilet lid because there was no lid. The light and bathroom fan were operated by one switch and the fan made so much noise that we tried to shower without turning on the light. We checked out and moved to the Westin Hotel near Tyson's Corner for the same rate of $100/night. It's a gorgeous luxury hotel that we loved! What a relief to get out of that awful place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anne32513
maddynmel, Front Office Manager at Inns of Virginia - Falls Church, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
This response is just to say that Inns of Virginia - Falls Church is a budget hotel and as such everyone is not going to be happy staying at our hotel. What is not said with this review though is that the $100.00 rate at the Westin was their weekend rate. Their daily rate is $199.00-$250.00. It is not really fair to compare their weekend rate with our daily rate. I am pleased that you found a hotel that better fits your needs. When there is a maintenance need a customer needs to notify the front desk clerk and it will be fixed as soon as possible. We have a lot of satisfied customers as you can tell by the other reviews. It is our goal at Inns of Virginia to have satisfied customers and when there is a complaint, it should be addressed to see how we might be able to resolve the issue.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#31 of 51 in Arlington
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
#6 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to Inns of Virginia - Falls Church? Share your experiences!