“Food is Always Good Here”
Review of Italian Cafe

Italian Cafe
Ranked #66 of 366 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Great family restaurant in existence for more than 30 years.
Arlington, Virginia
“Food is Always Good Here”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have been long-time diners at The Italian Cafe. The menu offers typical foods expected in an Italian restaurant. My favorite is Oso Bucco and my wife often orders salmon, which is prepared in different ways from week-to-week. The service has always been good.

• Visited March 2013

Washington, DC
“Friendly neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I usually get salmon, pasta, and cannoli here. The food is always good. They have non-alcoholic beer (St. Pauli girl) as well as a full bar. I have been coming here for more than 10 years.

Visited March 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Best meal in the area”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The atmosphere here is so friendly. Everyone from the owner, bartender and wait staff want to impress and please you, The italian food is plentiful and excellent. After a few visits, the bartender and wait staff remember what you like to drink and have it brought to the table while you check out the day's specials. The cost is very responible which also brings you back for more. I look forward to the specials so I can try new things and when I find something I really like they are willing to make it for me even when not listed as that day's special. They are open for lunch as well as dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome!”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

my wife and I have been going to Italian Cafe for over five years. Younes will take care of you! The whole staff has been awesome...even Bob. (just kidding Bob!) The brown sauce is to die for!! Order anything that has it. Italian dressing is the best. We used to go to Bellissimo in Fairfax City and found the food here is better for half the price. Do yourself a favor, order your meal the way you like it. They always accommodate. (IE. if you want your pizza crust thin, let them know.) Tilapia is my wife's favorite and a friend order the lasagna every time. Me, anything with their brown sauce.

Visited November 2012
Falls Church, Virginia, USA
“Eat in the bar! Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

It's not the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten in, but it's a very credible local restaurant. The bar is very comfortable, the service is quite good (though the turnover of wait staff is somewhat disconcerting).

For a restaurant not located in New Jersey, I think the bread is outstanding. Salads are also quite good and I like their ministrone. The pizzas are quite good, they have a wide-ranging pasta menu and it's excellent, and the meat dishes I've tried (mainly chicken and steak) are very good. They make good meatballs, which for me is a primary indicator for an Italian restaurant. My wife has had their shrimp and says it's very good.

A long regular menu plus a rotating set of specials that gives you an excellent choice every night and a chance to try an old favorite on a later visit.

I also like the decor, which includes a variety of photos of Rome from various eras, plus other "paisano" decor like "Rat Pack" photos, Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, etc. Soundtrack often is a nice mix of "Italian" music from the famous TV variety shows of the late 50s/early 60s, you know, Volare, Sinatra, Tony Bennett. Fun place with a nice atmosphere that we always enjoy.

• Visited October 2012