“Wonderful vegan menu”

Ranked #49 of 365 Restaurants in Falls Church
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful vegan menu”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am not vegan, but would happily become so if I had food so delicious as that at Loving Hut to look forward to every day. The specialty is Vietnamese and the pho on other tables looked great. Next time I will try that. This place has good portions—you will take home food—at good prices.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mary G

Maryland
“Vegan paradise”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

After a stellar experience at a Loving Hut in San Diego I searched for one closest to my MD home when I returned. I made the 30+ minute drive to VA b/c the San Diego location was THAT good. When we arrived I learned that the menu was completely different than the one in San Diego and that franchises are owned with complete owner freedom in menu creation. That being said, we loved that it still had the fully vegan menu and were happy to order up.

The soups were terrific, eggrolls yummy, spring rolls average and chicken nuggets average. The noodle dishes were VERY good and the service was quite good too. We all shared a vegan chocolate cake dessert which was f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s. So, we had a nice lunch and would return if we were in the area. I have to give it a 3.5, (but will round it up to a four) b/c the San Diego location was so incredible, it set the bar very high for Loving Hut locations.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank LightQueen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Off The Chart Vegan Food”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you are living in or just visiting the Washington, DC area you MUST go to Loving Hut. It is some of the best Vegan food not only in the DC region, but anywhere. The value is terrific. Not to mention they have weekly deliveries from Vegan Treats for excellent desserts.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Michael P
Burke, Virginia, United States
“Vegan heaven!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Finally! A vegan restaurant! I know they've been around for a while, but it was a long time that the Washington, DC area had anything more than a salad bar and pasta for non-meat eaters. At Loving Hut, gluten-free options are available, as well. The menus at each restaurant in this chain vary. The one in Falls Church, VA leans heavily toward a Thai-option menu.

We shared the summer rolls: good. We each had a bowl of soup: Phnom Penh Noodle soup and Pho. We sampled each other's, and they were both excellent. In fact, the Pho was the best I've EVER had. We shared a serving of the Spicy Cha Cha (shrimp). By then, it was way too much food, and the Cha Cha was good, but not outstanding. The prices are also out-of-this-world reasonable. They also have a couple of freezer cases to purchase vegan fake meats/fish, etc. Prices again are quite reasonable, except for the dried soup broth mixes, which are pretty expensive. While the restaurants are run by "Supreme Master Ching Hai", there is absolutely no proselytizing. So don't let that scare you off. The staff is pleasant, helpful, and attentive. The ambiance is somewhat bland, reminding me of a fast food restaurant, but the food and prices are incredible.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dennis P
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good vegan and vegetarian options, fair prices”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The food has a lot of flavor and is surprisingly filling. The place could use some atmosphere improvement though, especially some background music would be nice.

Visited September 2013