“Bland”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“Bland”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Need I say more -- the food was bland, not at all spicy.
Service was slow and erratic (things did not necessarily come as expected or together).
Parking directly outside; very convenient.
We would not return based on the combination of service and food taste.

• Visited January 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Irregular hours?”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Best to call ahead to make sure the restaurant is actually open. Three friends and I showed up on Tuesday for lunch at noon only to find the restaurant closed and dark. I'd heard this can be a problem.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank CosmoTopper
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food is oustanding and the only Burmese restaurant I will go to in the DC metro area. Staff are very friendly and great at making suggestions. Service is a bit slow, but the food is so worth it!

• Visited August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Terrible service and MSG laden food!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Was very excited to try Burmese food and stopped by after a friend read about this place in a local newspaper. Got there and waited to be seated. Took over 20 minutes for someone to come take our order - and she only came after we repeatedly asked to be helped. Another woman there waited over an hour for her dish to come and they brought out the components individually - she ate her dish with no bread or rice and had to wait for the rice to be brought out, again, only after asking several times. We were told the normal waitstaff was not working that day and it was only the owner and one other person in the kitchen. However, if you cannot operate at a satisfactory level, just close the place for the day. When our order was finally taken we were given appetizers soon after. The green tea salad was delicious and so was the ginger salad (both had been recommended by a local, Burmese woman sitting next to us). Our main dish was very oily and heavy on MSG - which later made both my husband and myself very ill. We had also ordered a second dish, however, the owner forget to bring that out and, after almost 2 hours of waiting, we were beginning to feel sick and ready to leave. When we went to pay - that was also a scene. We watched the large table before us attempt to pay the check. It took almost 15 minutes. Our experience paying was no better. The credit card machine ran out of paper after the owner had swiped our card. She couldn't figure out how to print a receipt - I'm not even sure if the card was charged or not. After waiting 10 minutes we paid cash and left disappointed. Overall, the service was the worst I've had in a really long time and the food was not worth it. If you speak Burmese it seems like it's a very different experience as several locals from the community were promptly given food and served when they came. We're not from that area, however, even if we were I would not go back. DO NOT recommend.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Morgan F
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty--But Clueless”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I knew what to expect and managed those expectations accordingly. I stopped in for lunch and a number of SE Asian natives were there-good sign. I did not mind a short wait to have my order taken and the tea leaf salad and the traditional appetizer came quickly and were tasty. It went downhill from there. While there were two tables eating, they mopped the floor in the adjoining room with ammonia. One customer had to ask for the door to be open. This is a task you do when the restaurant is NOT open. Then when I asked for the check, the girl was on the phone, brought me the check on the phone and came back not putting the phone down the entire time. I was disappointed as I have been to Myanmar a number of times and love their hospitality, personality and cuisine. I was hoping that would have the opportunity to say 'thank you' in Burmese! However, no one appeared to care if I had a good meal so there was no point saying anything in English.

Visited April 2013