“3 day Washington D.C Trip”

Best Western Falls Church - Arlington Area
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“3 day Washington D.C Trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay right outside of the D.C area. They were accommodating, reasonably priced and truly made our experience a wonderful one. I worked with the hotel guest services for the weeks leading up to the trip and they were nothing but wonderful to us. I would highly recommend them for anyone wanting to stay in the D.C area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Laura M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Midlothian, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

the stay was okay but i had to make a purchase while i was there on the internet and the day i left there were 5 more purchases on that cc card. I realized it quickly and had it taken care of but I was there for 9 days and the purchase was made on day 2 but the purchases that were hacked into was made the day i checked out so I wouldn't use their wifi..it is not secure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy G

Travellers are raving about these Falls Church hotels

Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hotel was very nice. Well maintained, comfortable rooms. The hot breakfast was terrific as was the reasonably priced restaurant for dinner. The pool was clean and well maintained and there was even a life guard on duty. My only negative about the hotel is there was not an internet port to plug in wired internet in the room, had to depend on the spotty wi-fi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Billie Jo J
New York, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My daughters and I enjoyed our stay. The pool was nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was the same as most hotels and there was plenty of room for us to sit and eat. The location to DC was good and there were many places to eat in the area. The room was outdated but clean. When a mnor situation came up the staff was helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Washington D.C. area. Hotels in the city seem to be very expensive so we opted to stay on the outskirts. This was about 15 miles from the city center. (I am estimating). For someone who doesn't mind driving in extremely heavy traffic, it is a good option. We decided to do tours, rather than drive in or try the public transportation system. This Best Western was very nice, great staff. There is a nice pool and if you specify you can get a room that is adjacent to the outdoor pool. Breakfast was good, pleasant area to eat in. Next to it are several small restaurants and a pharmacy. They have one tour service that will pick up at this location which worked very well for us. If you take a taxi, you can ask for an estimate of the fare before you get in. One taxi did bring us back to the wrong hotel and it cost us an extra 7 dollars (It cost him his tip!!). We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Falls Church Best Western is very well positioned for the Washington DC and Northern Virginia attractions. Parking is included. It is a reasonably clean and reasonably priced hotel with standard, basic amenities. Hotel staff members are friendly and accommodating. Beds are on the uncomfortable side. Our room had both a small refrigerator and a microwave. Another plus in this room is that we had 2 sinks. The hotel is dated, and so disabled access is a problem. We had to climb stairs to get to our first floor room and there is no elevator to the second floor rooms. The free continental buffet breakfast is poor. The egg omelets looked to have been prefrozen. Sausage was poor quality. The only fruit available was grapes. However, there is a good diner/cafe, Bentley's, across the street.

Room Tip: Disabled access is not up to current standards.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SenorGregorio
Brick Twp, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Made my reservation on line for the Best Western in Falls Church, Virginia for July 12 – 13, 2014. At that time I requested two firm pillows for my room. Upon arrival and check in I again asked about the firm pillows and the clerk told me that he sees the request on my reservation page. I never did get my pillows and did not sleep well, not only becvause of the pillows, but because the walls are paper thin and I was hearing normal conversations from neighboring rooms. Couple that with a loud air conditioner and sleep was difficult.....

Also upon check in, the desk clerk informed us that our room (“the only one available”) was on the second floor. I asked where the baggage carts and elevator was since we had a lot of baggage. He informed me that they had neither.

So we drove to the wing where our room was located and tried to find exterior signs so we could park as close as possible to our room. There were none, so we had to get out of the car and walk around the building. We encountered one room maid and asked her how we could get upstairs, but she did not speak english and was no help at all......

Finally got to the room and noted that the curtains did not close completely... luckily I carry a clip for this purpose. We also noted that the red light on the phone was flashing, indicating we had a message. When we tried to retrieve it, there was no message but the light kept on blinking. My wife called the front desk to ask how to stop the blinking light and the clerk had no idea. We had to put the phone under the bedside stand because the blinking added to our not being able to sleep.

Tried to turn on the TV set, but the remote did not work (probably dead battery) so we had to control the set by the buttons on the side. This was aggravated by not having a list of what the local channels were...so our watching TV was hit and miss......

In the morning we went down for breakfast. When I tried to make waffles, I discovered that the timers on both waffle makers did not work..After burning the first ones I had to stand there and check them periodically to make sure they were not burning. Meanwhile my wife tried to make toast, but the toaster only worked on one side......

And that is why I think this place should be renamed, “Worst Western”.......

Room Tip: Avoid this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 15 in Falls Church
Econo Lodge Metro
Econo Lodge Metro
#32 of 51 in Arlington

Been to Best Western Falls Church - Arlington Area? Share your experiences!