“Beautiful Hotel / Different Rates for Different Folks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Beautiful Hotel / Different Rates for Different Folks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My daughter stayed at this hotel from July 9 - 19 with 300+ other students who were attending a medical forum. The hotel is just beautiful and the lobby has just recently been refurbished and is quite beautiful. We ate at the Elipsse restaurant, just appetizers and drinks and the food was delicious. The Thai Wings and fried calamari were perfectly prepared and the bleu cheese and bacon dip with chips on the side was delicious. The staff and waiters/waitresses were extremely professional and friendly, as well. The Chinese restaurant on the premises was delicious but with over 300 student scholars it was very, very crowded.

My daughter's room was small for three people but neat and clean and the beds were very comfortable (according to my 16 year old). I did not get to see any larger room so I do not have any comparison to make.

My only concern about this hotel is that the room rates were so completely different from one family to the other. I was quoted at $319 per night, $279 via phone and $249 online. Another family was quoted $147 per night (no Marriott rewards or anything) and yet another family was quote $219! I actually asked at reservations why the discrepancy and was told it depended on when they called! Really? So my suggestion would be to call early and often, I guess.

There is ample parking adjacent to the hotel, rather like a parking garage, which is free of charge and the grounds are just beautiful. There are beautiful patios to eat and relax and a pool that is both inside and outdoors, separated by a wall with plastic dividers to swim through. A very pretty hotel to stay at in Falls Church, VA.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise03241963

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel was excellent. Nice friendly staff, clean and affordable. After seeking the sights all day we knew when we came back to the hotel there would be no worries and we would be able to sit and rest after our long day.

Room Tip: The online marriot.com offers the best rates.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed here after my father had heart surgery at INOVA Fairfax a few weeks ago. After having been awake for close to 36 hours by the time I arrived at the hotel, I was exhausted and ready to fall asleep standing up. The front desk attendant was very nice and extremely helpful, which I appreciated given my less-than-alert state.

The room I was given was very small (not surprising considering the extremely low rate I was paying), but it was comfortably furnished and had a shower with nice water pressure. The room was classified as a "PURE" room, which meant it had an air purifier in it which I could turn on. I made significant use of this purifier because the room (ironically) was extremely musty/moldy smelling when I walked in. However, the purifier took care of the problem and the smell went away after about 30 minutes.

A nice feature of the hotel overall is the free parking. The reason for this could be because it is absolutely critical to have a car while at this hotel -- NOTHING is within walking distance.

Overall, if I need a hotel near INOVA Fairfax in the future (or near Tysons), I will stay here again. It is a decent hotel with good service and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

The hotel is typical of the Mariott brand the rooms were very comfortable, nice and clean, unlike a previous reviewer the vanity area was huge. If you are visiting DC this hotel is a little bit aways but they do have a shuttle that takes you to the metro, but it takes up to 30 mins to get to downtown DC and that was non-rush hour. There is no parking fee which is a plus if you are planning on renting a car. There are no restaurants within walking distance, and the hotel restaurant does not have a lot of variety. However the value was great, 3 nights/4 days for 300 dlls.
This hotel is a good option if you have been to the DC area before and are planning on renting a car to move around.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MargGlz
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

I would have given the hotel a higher rating but the maid service sounded like they were having a party in the hallway starting at 8AM-we were looking forward to a late "sleep in" without the kids.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

This is a really average Marriott. The rooms have been upgraded with flat screen TVs and high-def local TV channels (always) nice but have the world's smallest bathroom vanity counters, especially if you are a woman with a bunch of toiletries. I couldn't imagine sharing the room with my husband. The absolute worst thing is the gym -- 2 treadmills, one elliptical, and one bicycle. No weights, no mats, and not even a bin for used towels. What a huge disappointment! The Concierge Lounge isn't that great either. Breakfast was very basic, something you'd find at a Courtyward or Hampton Inn. No fresh berries, no English muffins. They even cut out providing bacon not that I really wanted any but it's symbolic of the cost-cutting measures.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
I would like to thank this guest for their comments as we can only improve upon our services with such candid insight. I did however want to clarify a few points mentioned. Within the inventory of our 395 rooms exist rooms of different sizes and layouts and indeed some do have smaller vanity areas than others. I would encourage any guests who finds their room size unsatisfactory to please let our front desk staff know as we will be more than delighted to show other rooms which may be more suitable. The gym mentioned is our 24-hour access workout area. The main gym, consists of 5 more treadmils/ elliptical machines,free weights as well as weight machines ,excercise balls and mats.This area is also where our jacuzzi,indoor pool and saunas are located. The hours of our fitness center are 6am - 11pm, open 7 days /week. Lastly regarding our concierge lounge we do offer a limited breakfast menu which rotates daily. This guest is indeed correct that bacon may not have been availabe that day but there is always at least one meat item available (today we have sausage). Thank you again for the comments and keep them coming.
Epping, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

We have stayed at the Marriott Fairview Park on several occassions. Each stay has been totally satisfactory. Our latest stay was for 4 nights. My wife has severe allergies and I moderate allergies. SInce this stay was during Cherry Blossom time and with many other trees budding, we opted to stay in a PURE room. We were impressed, the room is designed to eliminate allergens with special fabrics and the use of a Pure by HeathWay air purifier. We can attest to its effectiveness. We began to refer to our room as an Oasis in a world of allergens. Breathing improved and other discomfort due to allergens were minimized.

Room Tip: If you have discomforting allergies go for PURE.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!