“Great Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Virginia
“Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was not a guest at this Marriott, but by chance my car ran out of gas very close by to the hotel and I went into the lobby for help. Without hesitation, the staff helped me with transport to a nearby service station and helped me move my car out of the roadway. Without mentioning my Marriott Rewards status, I was given great service and feel it necessary to leave a great review for this team, who I am sure go out of their way like this on a regular basis. Thanks for the help.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SkiHye
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding our Falls Church hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to help out in your time of need. We will be sure to formally recognize those members of our team who were able to help, and I hope we will see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here over the past weekend from Friday to Sunday morning, and we had a pretty good experience overall.
PROS:
1.) Free shuttle service running to the Dun-Loring metro station every hour on the half hour starting at 6:30am. Keep in mind that the last shuttle leaves the hotel at 9:30pm. Also, you don't need to make reservations.
2.) The hot tub was spacious and was never crowded when we went (both nights slightly after 8pm). The hot tub/indoor pool area is open until 11pm.
3.) All staff members were very friendly and able to answer questions.
4.) I thought the room was nice and spacious. The bed, pillows, and blankets were comfortable. We stayed on the 5th floor and there was no street noise, although the hotel is in a nice, quiet area.
5.) Lobby/hotel in general was very clean!

CONS:
1.) Before we arrived I used their virtual concierge to order chocolate covered strawberries on our arrival. Online it showed them for $8.00, but I was surprised by my bill which listed them for over $17 when we went to check out!! They were kind enough to change the price to the $8 plus taxes (since that's what I thought I would be paying...), and the person working said she would look into their virtual concierge since it was listing false prices. Just beware of this possibility of the prices not being accurate when using this service.
2.) Refrigerators are available only on request, and you can't phone ahead to request them. You have to wait until you are actually checking in to request one, but I was told that it's pretty rare for one not to be available. When room service brought ours up, it was very scratched and looked very heavily used. However, it got cold really quick and wasn't noisy.
3.) When we came back in the evening our tray with leftover food on it from the day before was sitting in the hallway outside our door. I guess when room service came through to clean our room in the morning they just stuck it outside of the room to be cleaned up. However, it was obviously sitting out there all day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for telling us about your experience and the many PROs at our Falls Church hotel. I am glad to see that you found it to be a good value for a weekend stay. I also appreciate your letting us know of the discrepancy in our Virtual Concierge pricing. I apologize for the error and will ensure that it is corrected immediately. Thank you very much!
Littleton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. We were looking to stay one night outside of DC, as we were driving to Virginia from Massachusetts to pick up my stepdaughter after a visit with her mother. Every other hotel I found similarly priced in the area had horrible reviews and were in the ghetto. I did not want to leave my hotel room! Plush bedding, flat screen TVs, the lobby and grounds are GORGEOUS. Prices at the bar/restaurant are outrageous, though. Very clean throughout. I actually kind of felt like I was cheating the hotel paying so little for our room. We were looking for a place just to lay our heads for a night, and wound up feeling spoiled :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was such a great success and that you found it to be a good value. We certainly have a great location in the Falls Church area, and I hope that we will see you again when you pass through the area!
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I just love this hotel. We stayed at this hotel this past winter and were repeat guests this past weekend. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Two things that make this hotel a standout are that it is close in proximity to dc and has complimentary shuttle service to the local dunn-loring metro station. You can stay here for a fraction of the price of dc hotels. Next, they have a lovely indoor-outdoor pool. My husband and I spent an afternoon by the outdoor pool and had the entire pool to ourselves. We have an in ground pool at home and my husband is a fanatic about keeping our pool clean and he was very impressed with the maintenance of the pool here- the water looked and felt very clean. Staff were pleasant and I sensed no problem with security.

Room Tip: be flexible about your dates and you will be able to get a great weekend rate. Sometimes the rates f...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel sits in lovely setting and is very nice. Good price, outstanding breakfast. But security and desk service is lacking. Stayed on a Saturday with my fam. Wedding in hotel. Wedding parties staying in hotel were incredibly rude on guest room floors. Drunken shouting, crashing into room service carts, slamming doors for several very late hours. Hotel lobby desk failed to answer several phone calls. Lobby answered when called through outside line, but ignored in hotel line - very bad form. First call failed to cure noise. After another hour and another call the police were called. Should not have come to that. Instructions in room direct one to use "At Your Service" button on phone to reach lobby and security - but there is no such button on the phones! A very nice hotel that could have been much better had their nightime lobby desk and security been up to snuff.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CTManny
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel was nice!Did not get room we asked for.Room with two double beds.We got room with a double bed and a roll a way bed.Paid in advance and they moved us.We dealt with it.Should have some kind of refund!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott for 2 nights on a last minute trip to Washington DC. The hotel was excellent in letting me check in early after a nearly 12 hour drive that it took to get to the hotel.

The pool was excellent, the beds were comfortable, and all in all it was a pleasant stay. I would say that the shuttle was my complaint. The drivers weren't friendly, they talked on the phone while driving - on obvious personal calls - and the timings weren't the most convenient.

I would stay here again if I ever needed to be in Washington DC.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for your observations of our Falls Church hotel. I certainly appreciate the kind words about the excellent service and facilities that you encountered. I'm also concerned about your experience on our shuttle. It is not something we normally see, and I apologize for the distraction. We will of course work to make this better immediately. I will look forward to your feedback from your next stay! Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!