“I've stayed in hotels all over the world. This is the best mid-priced hotel in the states that I've stayed in.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

First, they upgraded us to a mini suite for my birthday. The shower has a rain head and the water pressure? OMG, awesome. We've only been here 24 hours but I've been in that shower multiple times because it's just that good.
The restaurant for some weird reason is closed in the evenings on weekends, but you can order from the lounge/bar area. I got a bowl of crab & corn chowder for an appetizer. Tons of crab, roasted corn, some potatoes. It was yummy. Served with cold, hockey puck cheese biscuits that we didn't eat. For my entree, I got filet mignon with roasted fingerling potatoes and whole green beans. The sides were yummy. The meat was supposed to be medium well but it was severely over cooked. The sauce was great. My hubby got the rib eye with mashed potatoes, medium rare. His was perfectly cooked.
The bed, oh man, the bed. THE MOST comfortable bed ever in a hotel. EVER. Seriously. Ever.
The breakfast this morning was just out of control in all the best ways. Omelet station with all kinds of fillings. You can choose between egg beaters, eggs, egg whites, and even fresh cracked eggs. I posted pictures. There is also the choice of soy milk with your breakfast, just ask.
This was a getaway for me and my husband, next time we'll bring the kids.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the room and our restaurant. I apologize for the disappointing cheesy biscuits, though! They are usually much better.... We look forward to your next visit (with the kids!).

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
amherst,oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Good Location, ample transportation options, clean rooms but !!!!! NO Microwaves or Mini Fridges in my room, I was stunned. Even the budget motels offer these most basic options. Oh well, just a another surprise for a weary business traveler.If you don't need these options your good 2 go.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your observations regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to see that were was confusion over refrigerators and microwaves. We have plenty of both available upon request, and I regret that we didn't make this fact more clear. Thanks for letting us know, and we hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed three nights at this Marriott while attending a conference and was very happy with the hotel. Service was quick and friendly. Rooms were very clean with everything in good working order. Unusually for a hotel, even the drawers were clean...I felt good about stowing clothes there. Parking was convenient in the lot or in the garage, which was connected to the hotel. Best of all, there was a beautiful gym and pool that opened at 6 am and stayed open until 11, so that busy travelers could actually use it rather than just stare longingly. In addition, there were lockers and showers there to make exercise convenient, and a smaller exercise room that was available by key card 24/7. I really liked the fact that the hotel did not offer chocolate chip cookies to guests, but rather, delicious fresh fruit!

The only things that could have been better: twice when our room was made up, the supplies for the coffeemaker were not refreshed and I had to call housekeeping (who responded quickly); and the towels at the pool smelled stale the first day. I commented about that at the front desk, and from the next day onward it was remedied, so I know they do respond. We had a very reasonable conference rate, so I thought the value of this very good business-class hotel was terrific!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Harrisonburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here as part of a high school reunion - using Marriott Reward points. We had a standard king room -- not huge, but enough room for a desk, chair/side table, dresser, and two night stands. There is a little visible wear and tear on finishes (drawer pulls), but nothing egregious. Bed is very comfortable -- not too hard, not too soft.

I would note that the shower/tub has no light ABOVE the tub, so when you take a shower, the beige shower liner makes it rather dark (tough if you need to shave). Also, the best mirrored lighting is in front of the sink, which is gorgeous, but deep -- meaning you need to lean over the sink to do close-up makeup work. There is complimentary coffee/tea in the standard rooms, but no mini-fridge.

Quality location with top-notch staff and amenities . . . with one exception: the hotel's website can be interpreted to read that wireless internet in the rooms is complimentary, but wired is not. In fact, ANY room internet access is charged a $12.95 a day fee; only in the public areas is it free (it's not even clear on the website if internet access for the meeting rooms is a charge).

We stayed here for the convenience of not having to drive post-event, but would shop around if event location wasn't an issue, especially if we weren't using Marriott points.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend loves this hotel! We always stay here whenever we go to DC. Room is really nice and clean. Bed (pillows and blanket) is really comfy! Pure allergy room is awesome! Shuttle to the train station is really helpful. Breakfast buffet is my favorite!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words. It is great to see that you were able to enjoy one of our allergy-friendly PURE rooms for a "breath of fresh air"! We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I often travel to the Falls Church area on business and the Fairview Park Marriott is absolutely my "go to" hotel in that area. The staff are universally friendly, the hotel is exceptionally clean, they don't charge for parking, and the bar & restaurants are very satisfactory. In short, if you need to stay in this part of the DC area, this is a wonderful hotel and a very good value!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your observations. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our free parking and food and beverage offerings. I am even happier to see that you found all of this to be a good value. We certainly appreciate your business and loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Den Haag
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I love marriott, especially the marriot brand. Everything about the stay was good.... The beds were sooo comfortable (normally I do not fall asleep so easily in hotels. The lounge was nice ad they always had tasty morsels.... Yum yum yum. Because of its location this hotel seemed so far from everything. It was definitely quiet and they had a shuttle to the metro, but if you are looking to walks around and stuff.... Its not happening.... I will say this. It's a break from the hustle and bustle of DC.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mutinyluv
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our lounge offerings! I think our quiet, park setting just makes it seem like we are far from the bustle of the city, but we are located right on the beltway and so should be a short drive from everything! We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!