“Elegant, Comfortable Oasis In the Middle of the DC Action”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Elegant, Comfortable Oasis In the Middle of the DC Action”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had the good fortune to stay at this lovely Marriott in Falls Church this week and it was most enjoyable! The staff was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable; rooms were well appointed, updated and quiet, and location was excellent! It only took me 25 min to get to Reagan during rush hour!! I attended a meeting of over 350 people and the conference facilities were excellent! I was amazed at how quickly the staff handled lunch for so many people and the food was excellent! Looking forward to booking this one again soon!

Room Tip: Manay places to eat in the surrounding area if you want to get out! Great on site parking in a wood...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay. It is great to see that your stay and the event you attended went so well! I will be sure to share your experience with our staff as well. Your description of our location as an "Oasis" is very apt, I think. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is in the center of Fairview Park. The area is beautiful and you can't beat the location if you have business with any of the companies in that area. If you like jogging, there is a 0.5 mile trail that goes around the park.

Room Tip: Pick the corner room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you very much for your observations. It is great to see that you were able to enjoy our little slice of nature tucked away in a park-like setting but just off the beltway! And if you enjoy jogging but it gets too cold out, we've added some new equipment in our health club so you can stay inside!
Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference this past weekend and was pleased with the hotel. The room was clean and fairly quiet. The staff was friendly. The parking garage was free which was a nice addition. There were trails all over the area to run on. Very nice location. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad to see that our free parking and jogging trails were a good value for you. We will look forward to your next visit!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Right off Route 50 and the Beltway so very easy to get to. Clean hotel, nice staff, comfy room. Plus it was busy downstairs but nice and quiet upstairs. Probably the quickest check-in and out I've every experienced. Parking seemed a little tight.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your observations regarding your stay. I am sorry for the parking to appear tight. We do have a large parking garage that connects to the hotel that is complimentary I am sorry we didn't do a better job of communicating that. I appreciate the kind word about our staff and the ease with which you were able to check in. We hope to see you again soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First, they upgraded us to a mini suite for my birthday. The shower has a rain head and the water pressure? OMG, awesome. We've only been here 24 hours but I've been in that shower multiple times because it's just that good.
The restaurant for some weird reason is closed in the evenings on weekends, but you can order from the lounge/bar area. I got a bowl of crab & corn chowder for an appetizer. Tons of crab, roasted corn, some potatoes. It was yummy. Served with cold, hockey puck cheese biscuits that we didn't eat. For my entree, I got filet mignon with roasted fingerling potatoes and whole green beans. The sides were yummy. The meat was supposed to be medium well but it was severely over cooked. The sauce was great. My hubby got the rib eye with mashed potatoes, medium rare. His was perfectly cooked.
The bed, oh man, the bed. THE MOST comfortable bed ever in a hotel. EVER. Seriously. Ever.
The breakfast this morning was just out of control in all the best ways. Omelet station with all kinds of fillings. You can choose between egg beaters, eggs, egg whites, and even fresh cracked eggs. I posted pictures. There is also the choice of soy milk with your breakfast, just ask.
This was a getaway for me and my husband, next time we'll bring the kids.

• Stayed October 2013
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the room and our restaurant. I apologize for the disappointing cheesy biscuits, though! They are usually much better.... We look forward to your next visit (with the kids!).
amherst,oh
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Good Location, ample transportation options, clean rooms but !!!!! NO Microwaves or Mini Fridges in my room, I was stunned. Even the budget motels offer these most basic options. Oh well, just a another surprise for a weary business traveler.If you don't need these options your good 2 go.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your observations regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to see that were was confusion over refrigerators and microwaves. We have plenty of both available upon request, and I regret that we didn't make this fact more clear. Thanks for letting us know, and we hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed three nights at this Marriott while attending a conference and was very happy with the hotel. Service was quick and friendly. Rooms were very clean with everything in good working order. Unusually for a hotel, even the drawers were clean...I felt good about stowing clothes there. Parking was convenient in the lot or in the garage, which was connected to the hotel. Best of all, there was a beautiful gym and pool that opened at 6 am and stayed open until 11, so that busy travelers could actually use it rather than just stare longingly. In addition, there were lockers and showers there to make exercise convenient, and a smaller exercise room that was available by key card 24/7. I really liked the fact that the hotel did not offer chocolate chip cookies to guests, but rather, delicious fresh fruit!

The only things that could have been better: twice when our room was made up, the supplies for the coffeemaker were not refreshed and I had to call housekeeping (who responded quickly); and the towels at the pool smelled stale the first day. I commented about that at the front desk, and from the next day onward it was remedied, so I know they do respond. We had a very reasonable conference rate, so I thought the value of this very good business-class hotel was terrific!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!