“Quiet Stay away from the city”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were in town for a wedding and didnt' want to stay in DC because traffic is always crazy. This place was the perfect hotel, just outside of the city not too far from anything. They have a wonderful bar and hotel restaruant onsite that you must try too. The staff was friendly and we'd stay again when we travel back to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank WilsonBaby
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. I am happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our lounge and restaurant! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed one night while visiting DC. The hotel is well decorated and very clean. The staff were very friendly, especially the staff in the concierge lounge. The breakfast in the lounge was limited in options but wasn't very busy.

We found that a big downside was that no restaurants or shops are walkable from the hotel - you do require a car.

The hotel is an excellent value for the price, and includes parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank universalis123
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We originally stayed in this hotel because it was the best rate with free parking in the area that we needed to be in for a last minute trip. We learned shortly after arriving, that we lucked into a great stay. The lobby area is beautiful and the bar area is very conducive to socializing without feeling like it is too casual or too stuffy. There is a large parking lot and a parking garage so there does not appear to be any shortage of parking spaces (garage is slightly hard to find & separate from the hotel, but the outdoor walkway is covered)

When we got to the room, we were immediately impressed. This was the first hotel in a long time that had provided the preferred items in our reservation profile prior to our arrival or request for them (we are elite members). The room was slightly small, but roomy enough. The finishes of the halls and the room were up to date and did not show signs of wear.

The only disappointing part of this hotel is that their concierge club is not available at all on weekends. I expected that water, soft drinks, and pre-packaged snacks would be available with key card access to the club, but this was not the case. Outside of the posted hours, there was no access at all. It seems to be Marriott policy to not offer full club services on weekends, so I can't really hold this hotel accountable for that, however disappointing it may be that elite members are shorted services just because their stay happens to be on a weekend. I do appreciate that this hotel compensates by allowing complimentary access to their breakfast buffet - which was a generous spread.

The staff seemed to struggle with genuine warmth and welcoming spirit but were nice by Northern Virginia standards.

We enjoyed our stay here and will not hesitate to look for opportunities to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your observations regarding your stay this week. It is great to see that you found value in our low rates and free parking--a rarity in Northern Virginia these days! I regret that our concierge loung was closed when you were here, but was happy to see that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight after a charity event held in the hotel's ball room. We live about 30 minutes from the hotel but wanted to have drinks and breakfast the next morning with friends at the hotel. The hotel has great service and very comfortable rooms. Front desk staff could not be nicer or more accommodating.

The buffet food service at the 450 person charity event could not have been better. The quality and taste of the food was exceptional. The staff kept the food well stocked and fresh. Many staff members attended to the buffet tables (4 lines). The bartenders were also knowledgeable, fast and courteous.

I have stayed at the hotel once a year for 4 years and the service remains excellent. I can recommend the hotel for folks who have business in the area and need hotel. For those folks who are tourists looking for a hotel that is close to the Washington DC in town tourist attractions, you will find the hotel too far out to easily compute by automobile back and forth.

This is a very nice mid-level Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the event here--the hotel certainly looks forward to this event and our associates enjoy being here for it! This was a chance for our new chef to show off and it is great to see that you loved the food! We look forward to seeing you again next year (or sooner!).

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I decided to stay at this one because they offered a good rate with breakfast. The night we checked in it was raining and sleeting, luckily I had my portable GPS with me or I do not think I could have found this hotel at night, finding the right exit to get off the intestate and with all the barriers on the road it would be very hard without my GPS. Check in was easy being a Marriot member, room as on a high floor, it was clean but a little small, I think this is an older hotel. Bed was nice and the heating system was quiet and worked well. The breakfast the next morning was quite good, they had someone to make omelets and waffles for you, with a nice selection of cereals, meats and potatoes. The hotel is located in a secluded area so you don’t have much traffic and you can walk around, if the weather is nice. Overall I would recommend the hotel and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

No matter where you come from, but after 10 hours in a car, you just want a nice, clean and quiet place to come to at the end of your journey,and this hotel gave us exactly that! I travelled with my husband from Hilton Head Island to Virginia and encountered a friendly and considerate face behind that Front Desk who understood how tired we looked and felt after all those hours in a car. This girl gave us a very quiet room for us to enjoy our two-night-stay. She even put us in a special room that has an air purifier in it. I was anxious to get to the room and hoped we would not encounter any problems. But this hotel did not let us down. Room 1601 did it for us! I run in and just had to take pictures of it before we even put our bags down. The bathroom... that's always my first concern! I had nothing to worry about in the end. SPORTLESS toilette bowl, tab, sink and bathroom floors. Hey, after all, you're going to walk barefoot in there and place your privates all over the place, right? I'm sorry to disappoint you but you won't see pictures of a palm tree or a nice view coming from me. I'll give you the real thing. Cleanliness is No. 1 for us and it should be for you too! I could not find a single sign of dust anywhere. I was breathless when I saw how white the grout between the bathroom tiles was. The impeccable floor and shining toilette bowl. WOW!! That room and bathroom screamed clean!! The bed sheets were immaculate. The mattress was a bit hard for us but then again, I'd be unfair to complain about that when other people prefer it that way, right? Well, the morning after, the same lady who checked us in the night before asked how was our first night. We told her we loved the room but mentioned (without complaining) the issue about the hard bed. She immediately contacted the housekeeping department and ask them if there was something they could do to soften the mattress a bit. And they did!! A team of ladies went into our room while we were out for dinner, stripped the mattress and padded it in a way that allowed us to sleep like in a cloud that second night. We never heard a noise the entire stay and were so comfortable that did not feel like living the room for too long.
I can not comment on the rest of the hotel rooms, nor can I promise it'll be the same for you at any of the other Marriotts. However I can say that my husband and I stayed in this hotel more than 3 times already, before I even started to post my comments online, and not once have we had anything bad to say about this particular one. So, if you are heading that way, got for it! This is surely one hotel you may want to highly consider for you and your family! Check my pictures and you'll see what I mean.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a nice and quiet room and you'll get it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you very much for the great commets. I am happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations! I think we both agree that cleanliness is No. 1 for many. We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I wasn't looking forward to a week long business trip, but this hotel and their staff made it most excellent!!! The location is perfect, the staff and services are wonderful, and they made the evening social with the other people who were on business, SO much fun!! And at the end of a long day, I thoroughly enjoyed being able to relax in the lounge having a pitcher of margaritas and nachos with everyone!!!! I truly enjoyed this hotel and if I'm in the area again--- this will be my "go to" place!!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you very much for your observations. It is sometimes hard to get comfortable when you are on the road, and I am happy that we were able to do that. I'm also glad to see that you were able to have a little fun while you were on your business trip! We are looking forward to next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#5 of 15 in Falls Church
Courtyard Dunn Loring Fairfax

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!