“We had a wonderful stay here”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Sheffield, Massachusetts
“We had a wonderful stay here”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was clean, the staff were excellent, restaurant was great. We had a wonderful stay here for a very reasonable price. All the amenities were tip top. Ask for a frig and microwave for your room and they deliver for free or have ready when you arrive. There is an incredible breakfast buffet for 14.95, and a Starbucks in downstairs restaurant. Missed a free breakfast buffet but for less than 80$ a night could not complain. We had fruit and cereal in our room and left for Washington early am anyway. Beds were very very comfortable. All the free coffee you want in room. Loved this place. What a great weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LindaMVH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
CT
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This is a huge marriott with an indoor and outdoor pool. Plus the breakfast spread is phenomenal. Made to order omletes with every possible filling. Service staff are helpful and polite. Very accessible to good restaurants and the metro to dc.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MeeraRCorera
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and found our staff to be up to your expectations. You should come see us for our Easter Brunch, as we have to big things planned! We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The property was very nice. Except for the delightful female chef, who came to see how our dinner was, the staff was not engaging. They were unprofessional and disinterested in serving their guests. Perhaps we were there at a bad time and there were more part-time personnel on duty? The hotel was convenient to our family and well appointed. But we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grandy22814
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to see that we failed to make a good impression, to say the least. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in hopes of resolving this to your satisfaction and to garner more information to help us correct this. Our goal is for you to leave happy, and I regret that we failed you here. I hope you will give us the opportunity to tix it.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was diagnosed with cancer in October and wanted to get away with my husband and two kids for a weekend so that we could just have a relaxing time away from my cancer treatments, illness and the stress that has been in our lives since being diagnosed. We decided to just go to a hotel in our local area and I booked this one because it had a great rate, as well as an indoor pool for the kids. I called and spoke to a manager the week before our planned weekend and explained to him that I was trying to give my kids a great weekend and why. I thought perhaps maybe he would offer a free movie in the room or something to help the weekend. However, he went above and beyond anything I ever expected by upgrading our room for free to an amazing suite. This gesture really touched me and my family.

The entire weekend was great. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable and lots of space. Internet worked well. We did not hear noise from the hall or rooms around us which tells me they have good walls. Some hotels you can hear everything going on around you but that was not an issue here. The front desk staff was very friendly both at check in and check out, as well as any time we needed anything. (Extra towels, soap, getting our room cleaned during the time we wanted and more) The bellman took the time to explain features in the room and give us tips about the local area when he carried our bags up for us.

My kids had a fun time swimming in the pool and we were allowed to use the pool toys we brought with us and there was a lot of places to sit around the pool. They also had a life guard on duty. There is a hot tub by the pool as well. The only thing I would question at the pool is the sign that says "no playing"... I am guessing they mean no horseplaying but the sign as written was amusing to us. They also have a nice fitness center and locker rooms.

We checked out the restaurant for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet each morning. The service was good and food tasted great. The buffet included eggs, sausage, bacon, cheesy potatoes, yogurt, fruit, deli meats, cheese, breads, pancakes, made to order waffles, made to order omelets and more. We also used room service one evening to get the kids a treat. There was a small issue due to miscommunication between me and the lady who took our room service order because of a language barrier. I ordered two kids ice creams at $2.00 each and they instead brought up and charged me for two regular ice creams at $8.00 each. However, when I pointed out that the order was wrong, they quickly fixed the bill so it turned out to be a non issue and shows again the great customer service this place has.

Overall this is a great place and my family would return again in a heart beat. The staff is wonderful and provide great customer service. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is exactly what I expect from a Marriott brand hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations, and I am happy to see that we were able to help provide a brief respite for you and your family. When you are ready for the next break, we will be ready.Best wishes on you continued recovery!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is amazingly friendly and efficient. The women in the coffee bar portion of Ellipse were amazing baristas! The front desk was very helpful! While it is not as convenient to the metro as you would like, the shuttle makes one trip hourly. Very nice place.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. We will be sure to recognize our associates for taking such good care of you, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel February 23 - March 3, 2014. Yes this hotel caters to only business travelers so don't stay here unless your company is covering the cost. $181 a night stay, internet at $12.95 a night, forgot about the $20 + tax each night, no breakfast included...that costs $14.95 each morning and did I forget to tell you that there was no fridge or microwave in the modest sized room...assuming they are trying to get you to eat at the hotel restaurant? Come on guys/gals I am a good steward of the government's money and this was a total bamboozle. The positives were a shuttle to local restaurants, nice size work out area and I am just scratching my head for a few others but it just isn't coming to me? So about $230 a night. Ouch....

Room Tip: No microwave and no refrigerator in the room I stayed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I am sorry that you didn't feel your stay was a good value. Based upon your comments, it looks like you were staying at our "long term stay" rate. Our government rate, while slightly higher, does include breakfast. We do offer other alternatives for breakfast that are lower in cost than the buffet price that you mention, in both our restaurant and Starbucks. We also have lower room rates available often--particularly on weekends--and we would be happy to help locate those rates if you have flexibility on your dates. Also we have refrigerators and microwaves available, and I apologize that we did not offer this information upon your arrival. We will work to correct this, and I apprecuate your giving us this opportunity to do so.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a very nice full service Marriott property. The buildings and rooms are in very good condition. There is not much negative to say about it. Even the mattresses are quite good. Here a few downsides...( among all the plus ). So this is just minor stuff in a very good hotel:
- gymn needs update some of the equipment is date ( but it is a good gymn )
- the interior design is kind of questionable...they go traditional with contemporary hand in hand in the lobby
- there are a few outstanding staff members - most of them are average; basically dont expect club med atmosphere when you go on a business trip
- the food offerings are good on paper...and healthy; they lack a little in the execution
- some of the procedures are odd; for example the breakfast receipt shows the full amount and they take it off when you check out. Same for internet , if it is included. At other places the breakfast receipt says "complimentary". The end result is the same..but it gives you that little bit of anxiety before you leave and make sure you check your bill..

Again..this is a very good business hotel with good service. It is closed to an office park and some of them are in walking distance. There is nothing else around at night, but the restaurant on site is good for a day or two...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#4 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!