I stayed at this Marriott for a couple of weeks this year...and the more time I spend there - the less I like it. There are so many little things which don't make any sense and which tells me that they don't understand the needs of frequent travellers ..
- they advertise the bar/restaurant is open until midnight; if there is no crowd they sometimes close it at 11 PM. When you come back form dinner and there is still staff around, they give you "the option" to order room service in the bar area - "room service charge" included ( meaning they add 20% etc..)...
- the computer for boarding pass print was repeatedly broken and it is just frustrating waiting in line for a broken computer until the guests have finally figured out that it doesn't work
- the restaurant is pricey - especially for the quality of food
- breakfast is pretty standard...meaning below courtyard level...no omelette station..the rest is average or below average...I guess you can order from the staff/menu - but that is always a hassle
- this place is poorly managed, the staff not motivated; for example ..there are actually ladies roaming the place all night and "dusting" something....therefore the title "house of the walking dead"
- the few supervisors I talked to don't really have a clue about travellers' needs and expectations
- rooms need update'; the rooms smell...all looks worn and bad taste.
- small things like toothpaste..they are still living before 9/11 in the nineties...if I ask for toothpaste, please give me enough for my stay..make it available for purchase...dont give me the little squeeze out things; reason I dont have any is not that I am cheating - I cant get it through security in a carry on !
- same with shaver...if I ask for one , I probably forgot one...make it available for purchase and dont give me the cheapy ones that dont even last for one shave
- how about just stocking the little marketplace next to the front desk properly and keeping it stocked ?
- there is something seriously wrong with the whole breakfast process...it starts with the interior...they have some nasty and filthy white curtains hanging down...some greek style cheesy pillars....goes together with the typical Marriott corporate property upgrades...they started traditional in the 80ies and gave it a contemporary "lift" a few years back...a few bucks short of a consistent design..then there is so much staff roaming around...dont know what is going on there...it is never busy on top..
- if you ever need to talk to their accounting department ( billing questions / itemized receipts ) - forget about it ! They never call back, never respond etc...( actually ..I did get a response around 2 weeks later )
The only person in that place who provides consistently excellent service is the Cambodian lounge lady in the VIP room...may be she needs to take over the management of that place..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located and impeccably appointed, the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park provides a stylish home away from home for both business travelers and families on vacation. You'll love our newly refreshed hotel rooms and suites, which offer plush pillowtop mattresses, flat-screen TVs, and well-lit workspaces. PURE(R) allergy-friendly rooms are available on request. Get your morning here in Falls Church off to a great start with breakfast at Ellipse Restaurant, or visit the Coffee Kiosk for some much-needed caffeine. Additional hotel perks include a heated indoor pool and a fully-equipped fitness center. If you're planning an event or a meeting here in Falls Church, allow us to provide the venue; our hotel features over 17,000 square feet of versatile space and full-service catering. And great local attractions, including the fascinating Mosaic District, Tysons Corner Center, and Tysons Galleria, are just a short distance away. We look forward to your visit at here the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairview Park Marriott Hotel Falls Church
- Marriott Fairview Park
- Marriott Falls Church
- Falls Church Marriott