“Incredibly helpful staff”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Recently, my husband and I were in the DC area to visit family and see our son graduate at Quantico. My husband didn't feel well, and ended up having an emergency appendectomy at the Inova Fairfax Hospital; staff there recommended the Fairview Park Marriott.
I can't say enough about the help the staff at the Fairfax Park Marriott provided us, first, while I stayed there alone, and later, when my husband stayed to recuperate before resuming travel. They helped me set up a little kitchen in the room, moved us to a bigger room at no charge, and did everything humanly possible to make our stay comfortable.
As for the hotel itself, it was fine. It provided ample, safe, accessible free parking. The smaller rooms are small, but the location, the setting, and the staff were perfect. Guests looked like they were really enjoying the indoor-outdoor (connected) pools, and the lobby & public areas were attractive. The bar serves good starbucks coffee in the mornings, and room service was excellent. There is a shuttle service on demand (sometimes with a wait, but still convenient) to the metro, hospital and local shopping areas. Metro into downtown DC takes about half an hour, but because the stop is a bit of an outlier, you'll get a seat. Driving time into DC depends on traffic, but this would be a lovely, relaxing, quiet place to stay after hectic days in the city.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassismeg

Reviewed 8 July 2010

We always like Marriott hotels. Hence we booked this one while visiting DC for 4th Jul. Hotel is nice, rooms are good but I was little disappointed with service. We had preordered breakfast for next morning and put it on our door tag (as mentioned). No breakfast was delivered to our room. When we called, they said they never picked up our order from our door tag. This irritated me, as we were supposed to leave the hotel at 6.30 am. We ended up having breakfast somewhere else. I expected better service from Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott for two nights. The room was oddly shaped, which I think is common given the layout of the hotel. The room did seem a bit worn compared to other Marriotts we have stayed in recently. The lobby was updated with lots of space to meet, have a drink or read the paper. The weekend breakfast buffet was a great deal and the food was good. The rate we got was outstanding for a hotel in this area, with these amenities; however, I probably would not stay here again unless we got the same rate. The regular room rate is extremely overpriced, even for the area. If you can get a deal its a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uncbeachy
Reviewed 12 April 2010

This hotel is in a beautiful location in Falls Church 10 minutes to D.C. The grounds surrounding the property are spectacular, weather was perfect and everything was in full bloom. We enjoyed exercising on the miles of paved walking paths and the foliage was TO DIE FOR!. The hotel itself is fabulous and the weekend breakfast buffet the best I ever had! The rooms are very nicely appointed, 2 restuarants and the food has always been wonderful and fairly priced. I paid $79.00 + tax per night and it was easily a 5 star property! Great staff as well. This was my 20th stay in 10 years at this property and it is always consistently excellent!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2010

My husband and I recently had our reception at the FPM and we cannot express how thrilled we were with the service we received. The event planners and banquet team went above and beyond to make our special day perfect - and it was! Beyond that, the staff at the front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant were always very pleasant. This is a great place where you won't be let down.

We had to book about 35 rooms in order for our out-of-town relatives to come to the wedding. The room block was a breeze and the entire family was thrilled with their rooms and the service that they received!

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I brought my 17-year old and her 2 friends here to celebrate her birthday, so I bid this hotel on Priceline and got 2 rooms for $60 each. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The bed was a little more firm than I like but overall this place is a hidden gem.

Speaking of hidden, getting there is DREADFUL! 495 through Northern Virgina has so much construction going on, you'd think it was hit by a bomb. When coming from South (Tyson's Corner Mall), the exit (50B) is not marked AT ALL. At night, not only is the actual exit invisible, it looks like a DEAD END because of the type of barrier they placed in front of the exit. If others had not gotten off ahead of me, I would have never known to turn.

It's one of two buildings in a cul-de-sac so it's very quiet. If you want something off the beaten path, this is it. You have to drive to get ANYTHING and the only bad part about that is the construction.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Our family often looks for business hotels during school vacations because the more family-oriented hotels are often unpleasantly crowded, and the business hotels all empty (and therefore they offer good rates and relaxation) This strategy certainly worked for us at the Fairview Park Marriott during the holidays. We found a great rate that included a one-time breakfast at their wonderful, yummy buffet.

The pool was very nice, not too cold, but my children, who are now almost teenagers, were disappointed about not being allowed in the hot tub (over age 18 only). Especially my son w/special needs who has sensory/health issues and really loves hot water (can't tolerate cool water for long periods). We even tried out the saunas, and found the health "club" clean, well-stocked, and very pleasant.

Because this is a "full-service" business-oriented hotel, we were prepared for the usual inconveniences of being charged for everything "extra" like in-room internet and breakfast...and so we prepared accordingly by bringing our own breakfast items (they did bring a fridge up to our room when asked) for the morning we didn't use the buffet and using our laptop in the lobby. The hotel was very convenient to the highway, and it was only a 20 minute drive into DC. Parking was free (unlike hotels just a few miles closer to DC), the lobby was beautiful and festive. The service, especially in the morning, was very friendly. The wait staff was also very helpful.

Although the room was on the small size, it seemed very quiet. I must say, however, that when we arrived from our 10 hour drive, we were given a room next to the ice machine and with an occupied adjoining room. I am a light sleeper, so requested a room change, which I was given without a problem, although it would have been nice if the front desk attendent had offered someone to help move all our stuff. Instead, he asked if we had "disturbed" our original room...probably just wondering if he needed to send up cleaning staff, but the question was a little off-putting. Once in a quieter room, we noticed there were only 2 full-size towels in the bathroom even though the room had two double beds. Strange.

All in all, though, it was a great choice for a base while visiting DC.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#5 of 15 in Falls Church
Best Western Falls Church - Arlington Area

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!